Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    morey235 wrote: »
    I am really depressed today. Going on 4 weeks now, I go down 1 lb and then gain 2 lbs.. keeps going on and on,
    I stay on 1200 actually a little less, but NOTHING>

Weight loss will not be linear. Water weight can mess with the scale (TOM, sodium level, sore muscles hold water, waste, etc).

Are you weighing your portions on a food scale? Much more accurate than measuring cups.

Double check your database selections? There are some entries in MFP that are way off.

Are you logging every single bite, lick, taste, etc.

Most women can lose weight eating more than 1200. Petite and/or senior ladies need 1200. If that's not you, then I would double check your logging.

Reasonable weekly goals ..... pound per week
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose 0.5 lbs range
  • PlanningBea
    PlanningBea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm with you ladies. I was on 1200 since the beginning of January, but decided to change it to 1400 couple of days ago.

It was really hard for me to stay satiated, even though I was eating healthy and I didn't loose any significant weight either.

My mental well being was in danger as well. I started to feel sad after logging in breakfast consisting of 1 egg, slice of Ryevita bread and some cucumber and avocado. I couldn't understand how small things like that made the numbers grow so fast! I had to cut my fruit intake, to 1 a day, sometimes not even that, because there was too many calories is them and I love me some fruit!

It made me feel really deprived. I I was still hungry, but didn't have any wiggle room for any snacks, not even a veggie smoothie or an apple.

This morning I'm 1kg down, so hopefully 1400 is the way forward.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    @planninglola that sounds so much more sustainable! For me, I was satiated on 1200 cals - but getting mentally frustrated with how little wiggle room I had. I now eat back all my exercise calories. If I work out a lot, I can eat 1700 cals in a day (it blew my mind lol). My avg now is 1400-1500/day.

I also bank calories over a week and keep a close eye on my weekly net. Had a 2000+ day on Sunday and STILL stayed within my weekly net. I feel like this makes a more sustainable lifestyle.

I can do 1200 on a normal day (yesterday was1100 total, 900 net and was satiated), but like to bank for social stuff. Going for a sushi buffet on Friday to celebrate my 15th anniversary - YUM!!
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Me. 1200 calories plus exercise. I have lost 9.8 lbs :)
  • rustie45
    rustie45 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 cal., am having a hard time getting that amount and keeping with the sodium, fat and sugar. So I'm paying more attention on the last three and so far my calorie count is under 1000 cal. Is this ok? Trying really hard to lose the weight.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Under 1200 is not enough.
  • briezyt23
    briezyt23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 cals and I feel STARVING constantly
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    briezyt23 wrote: »
    I'm on 1200 cals and I feel STARVING constantly

If you are hungry all the time, then either
    a) consider the types of foods you are eating - are they satiating?
    b) are you genuinely hungry or are you thirsty (try a big glass of water first), habit eating, or emotional?
    c) exercise more so you can eat more calories
    d) reconsider your plan and up those calories. it's OK if you slow down your weight loss - losing slowly is better than losing too quickly and then giving up.

I was hungry in my first week as I got adjusted and learned what real hunger was (vs thirst, habit, etc). I am actually satiated on a 1200 cal diet. BUT, I have upped my cals because it was endlessly frustrating dealing with social situations. Now I can easily handle social stuff.