Calorie deficit

Options
How many calories should I eat and how many should I burn to be calorie deficit but not under eat? I eat about 1,600 cals a bay and burn about 250 or around that, when I'm not doing sports. I want to loose weight but I'm not sure what's the safest and the most long term and the what's most effective.

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    What does Mfp tell you?
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    As a rule do not go below 1,200 kcal.

To keep things simple, enter your stats into MFP and set a weight loss goal as it prompts you. I suggest that you start with a lower goal first, and then when you begin losing weight increase your deficit and see how you adapt to it. With MFP, you can set it up and then aim for what it says and you will lose weight if you keep to it consistently. What results do you get after setting it up?

We all want to lose fat as swiftly as possible, but what is more important is adherence and maintaining fat loss in the long term. Gradual changes that become permanent habits achieve this.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You can plug your numbers into MFP and go with that. MFP is designed to let you eat back exercise calories. That's why some peoples base is low.
    I like this calculator http://www.weightloss-calculator.net/