Eating excercise

Options
Hi
Im on 1240 calories per day and I am exercising most days but I dont tend to eat into my earned calories to save for weekends. General consensus on here seems to be that you should be able to view your weekly total so this should work but MFP wont log these entries warning Im eating too few?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    MFP still keeps track of these entries, and if you look at your reports it will be accounted for correctly. You just can't complete your diary for the day if your calories are under a certain level (it happens to me so rarely that I don't recall what the level is - like 1100 or something). Rest assured your data IS saved, it just won't allow you to complete the diary and be congratulated by your friends for doing something that is generally considered to be unhealthy and dangerous. (as long as your weekly calorie intake is sufficient I wouldn't worry about it, either. If you're too far under on a regular basis, though, you're risking health problems so keep that in mind!)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It's giving you a warning that you're undereating. If you don't want to see it, don't hit "complete entry". I've been maintaining for two years and never bother to hit that anymore. Your calories will still be tracked.

More importantly, are you eating all of your exercise calories for the week over those two days? "Cheat days", essentially? Make sure your looking a the "Net Calories" under the Reports function to ensure your weekly average is at least 1200/day net. Otherwise you should be listening to MFP.
  • helse
    helse Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I hadn't looked at reports closely enough to see you could get a weekly one. That's much more help.