I just don't understand this.

Options
I've started the 30day shred June 1st and i have not lost anything. I've been trying to eat 1,400 cals but for some reason I can't get enough protein or calories but i manage to go over my carbs and fat and sometimes sugar. Can some one help me please :(....i don't get it now this is happening. ( my dairy is open to the public , you can check it )

** I forgot that i can add my water intake on here. I drink 1.89L a day.**

Replies

• mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    What time of day do you work out? It appears you are skipping breakfast and that's one way to kill your metabolism. You also said it yourself that you go over on your fat and sugar, probably should try to be a little more diligent about this, and try to increase your proteins and for fats make sure they are healthy ones like what you get from fish and nuts.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    We use the 40 calorie Almond vanilla milk (no difference that we notice) and I'd watch the fried stuff, but my biggest concerrn would be your water. You didn't log any, but if you are not drinking enough it will slow you down. Coffe, soda, tea don't count as water. 64oz. minimum. Take care. good luck!
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Well I looked over your dairy and so no water, water is one of the most important things, as far as food goes your doing fine, just drink some water
  • conniie
    conniie Posts: 119
    Options
    What time of day do you work out? It appears you are skipping breakfast and that's one way to kill your metabolism. You also said it yourself that you go over on your fat and sugar, probably should try to be a little more diligent about this, and try to increase your proteins and for fats make sure they are healthy ones like what you get from fish and nuts.
    I wake up about 10am and i do eat breakfast ( a protien shake or or oatmeal, i like to change it once in a while) i work out about 2-3pm . I just don't know any simple snack like protiens.
  • conniie
    Options
    Guys I forgot to add my water a day . I drink about 1.89L a day. I make sure i get enough of water a day i just forgot to add it. ill add it now.
  • mzenzer
    Options
    I wake up about 10am and i do eat breakfast ( a protien shake or or oatmeal, i like to change it once in a while) i work out about 2-3pm . I just don't know any simple snack like protiens.

Well also too if you are burning maybe 300 calories during your workouts, then that will put you well below 1200 calories which is far too little and your body goes into starvation mode and will actually retain fat, maybe even gain.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Have you measured yourself? If not, start doing that. 30 day shred didn't help me burn much of any weight off but I lost about 7" in my thighs, hips, and belly.
  • conniie
    Options
    Have you measured yourself? If not, start doing that. 30 day shred didn't help me burn much of any weight off but I lost about 7" in my thighs, hips, and belly.
    Well I have seen stories that people have lost about 13-20 pounds. and it even says about it on the case :P! But ya i have about 3 inches where my ribs are thats it.
  • conniie
    Options

Well also too if you are burning maybe 300 calories during your workouts, then that will put you well below 1200 calories which is far too little and your body goes into starvation mode and will actually retain fat, maybe even gain.
    "Well also too if you are burning maybe 300 calories during your workouts, then that will put you well below 1200 calories " pardon?
  • johcum43
    johcum43 Posts: 4
    Options
    Although my calorie count is supposed to be around 1800 calories per day for my weight, height and age, in order to really lose weight I have had to keep my daily calorie intake at around 1000 calories per day, and definitely not above 1200 calories. To achieve this I check the nutritional information on everything I eat, focusing on high protein, low fat and cholesterol foods. To get an idea of what these foods are I Googled "high protein low fat low carb foods" to get web sites that provide lists of such foods. This means mostly meats like chicken and fish and vegetables of all sorts. Any carbs I eat are complex, such as whole grains, low fat milk and yogurt (plain, sweetened with xyletol instead of sugar). I do 3 days a week 1 hour per time of cardio-exercise (treadmill and stationary bike). Exercise, however, will not help you much to lose weight (only calorie restriction will). But as you build more muscle your metabolism will increase and you will burn more calories and fat throughout the day. Keeping a daily record, such as MFP, is enormously helpful in keeping me on track, especially near the end of the day when I crave something to eat but see that I cannot because I have reached my calorie quota for the day. I have had to totally change what I eat and how much I eat (no processed foods, rarely eating out, getting interested in cooking healthy, interesting and tasty foods at home).
  • mzenzer
    Options

"Well also too if you are burning maybe 300 calories during your workouts, then that will put you well below 1200 calories " pardon?

Basically for someone who workouts and I'm guessing burns about 250-300 calories, you should be much closer to 1500 calories. I think with what you are eating now you are getting into starvation mode. It sounds crazy I know but with exercise you often have to eat more to lose.
  • conniie
    Options

Basically for someone who workouts and I'm guessing burns about 250-300 calories, you should be much closer to 1500 calories. I think with what you are eating now you are getting into starvation mode. It sounds crazy I know but with exercise you often have to eat more to lose.
    I'm trying to eat 1,400 ( that's without exercise) with exercise it's 1,635. I only end up eating 1,400
  • conniie
    Options
    Okay now please go look at my dairy for tomorrow. I think that's cleaner?
  • conniie
    Options
    Bump.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Try adding in a couple hundred calories of fruits and veggies (lettuce doesn't count). A banana or an apple are 100 cal. / each, and add some other stuff to your salads... peppers, cucumbers, sprouts, avocado (and, yes, even dressing).
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Possibly some more vegetables. The romaine looks good, but if you can add more vegetables, I wouldn't see it harming you at all (as long as you watch your intake of the starchy ones).
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Try increasing fiber such as fruit and veggies. That got me unstuck (litterally) and my weightloss picked up again when I did that. My biggest nemesis is sodium, thats messes me up a lot.
  • jesihovey
    jesihovey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so while you may not be losing pounds, you're probably gaining muscle and losing inches. Try measuring yourself!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Good ways to get protein in include:

String cheese
    Almonds or Walnuts
    Peanut Butter
    Greek Yogurt
    Chicken/Turkey/Fish
    Skim Milk
  • conniie
    Options
    I'm going to try to eat cleaner for the last two weeks like i have today. and see if i lose and if i do ill re-do 30day shred with 5pound weights.