250>175

Options
callum88
callum88 Posts: 11 Member
edited February 2016 in Success Stories
After highschool ended I put on an extraordinary amount of weight-I was a rugby player who ate around 2700 calories a day and trained 6 times a week so I needed that to maintain a weight of around 185lbs. When rugby stopped I still kept eating the same amount of food but without the exercise I packed on almost 40lbs in less than 6 months. University was miserable because no girl wanted to dance with the fat, sweaty guy and so I sort of spiraled into a depressive state where I kept eating, drinking beer and doing next to nothing. After i got out of Univeristy things didn't much improve except that I began lifting weights (infrequently). One day I saw a video post on social media with myself and friend-I read some of the awful, hurtful comments about how I was "disgusting" and "fat people need to be killed" and it really got to me. So in the spring of 2011 I decided to get into shape-I would walk two miles to work and the same back everyday (I was so out of shape I had to bring a change of clothes so that I wouldn't stink from sweating) and when I felt I could comfortably start running I began with increments of .5 miles to test out my progress. I trained 5 times a week and after a month I began to notice an improvement in my stamina and health-I kept a sensible diet of 2000 kcal a day and cut out alcohol and sugar (it was miserable but I managed to keep it up) that August I ran my first half marathon since Highschool and I did it in 1 hour and 45 minutes which was unbelievable! I have managed to keep my weight around the 185 for around the past 5 years but I just want to say that it really is a solo effort and sometimes in the worst times-with the whole world seemingly against you-smal changes build and grow to become huge successes. Thanks for reading!
callum88 wrote: »
8yve8do0stcm.jpg
buyxguf24yy5.jpg
wz8dtznt4ekm.jpg

Replies

• DaisiesandViolets
    DaisiesandViolets Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! well done!
  • callum88
    Options
    Thank you! First time posting!
  • callum88
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Pictures are me at around 200 and the progress from last year!
  • beckypierce1
    beckypierce1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    people can be so awful! But glad you found the motivation to improve your health and feel better about yourself.
  • jhigg11
    jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow what a story. The Internet bullying makes all kinds of upset for you. However, you did an amazing job getting your health back. I personally hate running passionately. Lol! I love that you started out with the little changes. So many people think they need to be able to do everything right off the bat and get discouraged. Well done to you!!!
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Great time for your first half, you should be very proud.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, you should be very proud of yourself! :smiley:
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good job, you look great. I bet you feel great too.
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    THANKS SO much for sharing your pix and story! SO inspirational!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    wow....you look fantastic!! Way to go!!
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • Lea_Darling
    Lea_Darling Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    wow, man you look great! well done!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    What a turnaround! You should be very proud of yourself lad :-)
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Very Niiiice
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
  • amy13a
    amy13a Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    People are rude! Nice job, you look great and keep up the work.
  • tottie_07
    tottie_07 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow, "disgusting" and "fat people need to be killed"? What is wrong with people? You look good before and after!!! I am sorry for the way they made you feel, but am proud of how you found within yourself the strength to make the changes needed to become healthier. Well done!!
  • ChoKitty
    ChoKitty Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You've done awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!