Am i gonna lose weight or not with this routine

Options
Height: 5'10
Current Weight: 249 Lb
Weight Goal: 180lb.

Diet:
Breakfast:1 Paratha
Any Vegetable
Black Tea (300 ml with sugar or Jaggery and Milk).

Lunch: 1 Roti + Vegetable

Dinner: only Black Tea (300 ml with sugar or Jaggery and Milk).

Exercise: there is screenshot you will have good idea about how active I am.
Mostly i walk 12+ miles a day.

z6u5zk1604ma.png

Replies

• thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Are you burning more calories than you eat? If so, then yes you will lose weight.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Where is the food??? So yeah, you will lose weight.

I just looked up Roti and Paratha, they basically bread. I learned something.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I predict burnout within 2 weeks. I don't know what Paratha or a Roti are, but I'd die of sorrow if dinner every night was tea...and nothing but tea.
  • AamirKhan2016
    AamirKhan2016 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @dolliesdaughter
    Paratha= Wheat flour + Oil
    Vegetable= I eat daily different veggies with Roti(Wheat flour)
    Black Tea= Black Tea + Milk + Sugar or Jaggery

• toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The best way to find out is to wait a few weeks and see if you did or not. You don't have calorie counts next to your meals so there is really no way for me to absolutely know if you will lose weight or not, however from the looks of it, you are eating EXTREMELY low calories, so likely, you will lose weight...then, you will get frustrated, and then, you will gain it back.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will lose weight. No, it will not be healthy. You're eating bread, veggies, and tea. Where's the protein? You're a guy. At your weight, you could eat over 2000 calories and still lose weight, especially with the exercise you're doing. You're on MFP to count calories. How about go to your profile and set it up and go by that plan?
  • Laurasparkle90
    Laurasparkle90 Posts: 29 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I love roti and paratha but you can't live like that the rest of your life, it's just not sustainable.
  • AamirKhan2016
    Options
    @chandanista actually i cant eat after 5:00 Pm. I study alot so thats why i drink only black tea at dinner time.
    Roti= Wheat flour Cooked
  • Mystical64
    Mystical64 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look to me like you are eating enough. I don't see much protein in what you are showing here. If this was me, I couldn't stick to it.
  • thiosulfate
    Options
    @jessicapk is right. While macros (protein, carbs, fat) don't matter for weight loss, they do matter for nutrition. With a low protein diet like you have, you can expect to lose a great deal of muscle and struggle with being "skinny fat" if you even make it close to your goal.

We always recommend inputting your information into MyFitnessPal and following the calorie limit they suggest. The goal is to get as close to that number without going over.
  • thiosulfate
    Options
    @chandanista actually i cant eat after 5:00 Pm. I study alot so thats why i drink only black tea at dinner time.
    Roti= Wheat flour Cooked

Studying sooooo hard that you can't fit in any snacks? I don't believe it. I finished my bachelor's degree in 3 years and still had time to gain almost 100 pounds during that time. I'm currently in a Ph.D. program and I still had time to gain 20 pounds during the first semester.

You make time for the things you want to make time for.
  • AamirKhan2016
    Options
    @jessicapk
    i actually dont use MFP for logging food i use excel as Journal to log my exercise and food.
    like this
    31qi88p1tgmy.png

• AamirKhan2016
    Options
    Roti= Wheat flour Cooked

Studying sooooo hard that you can't fit in any snacks? I don't believe it. I finished my bachelor's degree in 3 years and still had time to gain almost 100 pounds during that time. I'm currently in a Ph.D. program and I still had time to gain 20 pounds during the first semester.

Actually i love black tea. Don't Make this bone of contention.
  • thiosulfate
    Options
    Chances are, with this nutrition, you will constantly feel sluggish. We can't stop you from doing it as it is your decision. Personal experience is the best teacher.
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The thing that determines if you lose weight is whether or not you burn more calories than you consume. Full stop.

It's hard to say exactly because you didn't include quantities or calories, but this looks like far too few calories for an adult male to survive on, and almost no protein. While you will lose weight on a plan like that, the weight lost will include the lean muscle that keeps you strong and fires your metabolism, and you will be hungry, tired, miserable, and probably give up after a short time, gaining any weight lost back.

Put your numbers in to MFP. See what calorie goal it gives you. Start weighing and measuring your food and eat at a reasonable deficit. Eat protein and fat along with carbs. Eat a variety of foods so you get the micronutrients your body needs. You should not be going under 1500 net calories a day. That's unsustainable and not healthy anyway.

Two pieces of bread, two servings of vegetables, and three cups of sweet tea are not enough for a person to live on very long, so this method of eating, even if you were able to sustain it long enough to lose the weight you want (which is unlikely) won't teach you anything about how to eat at maintenance to stay fit for the rest of your life. You need to learn how to make good choices about food that you can continue to make forever, or else there's no point.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    So drink your tea. And have some cheese and crackers with it or something.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Add paneer, eggs, milk, daal, and other legumes into your diet.

Be careful how your veggies are prepared. Ghee/oil can quickly add up in calories of not properly measured.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Roti= Wheat flour Cooked

Actually i love black tea. Don't Make this bone of contention.

no one said you couldn't have black tea. Just that saying you 'can't' eat after 5pm because you study a lot is rubbish.

You eat mostly bread products and vegetables. There is little to no protein in your diet. Rather than use your own spreadsheet why not use MFP to log, as it is specially designed to note down all your meals (and calculate your macros etc.) and balance out your calories eaten against calories burned. It makes life easier for you, so you can spare some time to eat in addition to studying.

What are your goals?
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Nuts are great snacks also and Dried fruits
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Even with light exercise, your TDEE is coming up at over 3000 calories. And I'm sure you burn more if you are truly walking that much. Go to Fitness Frog and do the TDEE calculator with your accurate stats. Deduct no more than 1000 calories from that amount and then eat that much every day. That will yield you an average of 2 lbs a week to lose. Pay attention to your macros because, like @thiosulfate said, you can lose weight without paying attention, but you will not be working towards your own health. Your body needs fuel and it will mutiny against you if you starve it.