36 hours smoke free now

Options
Starting to think more of diet and exercise now than cigarettes but not quite ready to focus on it enough. I'm drinking less soda now than I was when i was smoking and more water than I was, but still eating crappy at the moment mainly because I need to go shopping for healthier food.

Replies

• martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    well done!!!...it does get easier...I gave up 18 months ago from 30 a day and now I can't believe I actually evar smoked...lol

martyxxx
  • Let_there_be_LIGHT
    Options
    Great news. Giving up smoking is one of the biggest gifts - if not the biggest gift - that you can give yourself. After 36 hours there will still be a few difficult times but focus on what a wonderful result this will bring to you in so many ways. You can do this.

Ex-smoker too.
  • roadrunner32
    Options
    Be very proud of yourself! It's not easy but it's worth it...I remember when I gave them up I use to drink a glass of water every time I felt the urge to go to the shop and buy a pack. There have been tears and drama over them I even had to stop seeing my unsupportive smoker friends...I know it sounds bad but looking back now I'm smoke free for 7 years and they are not.
  • Francineirene
    Options
    go moment by moment... I'm cheering for you! You can do it!
  • shellshell43
    shellshell43 Posts: 116
    Options
    Just wait until your taste buds start working better again..after my quit my sense of taste got so much better...I started craving vegetables and fruit....and many things that I enjoyed before while I was smoking started to taste too salty or too sweet...

Also when my lungs started breathing easier I actually craved the feeling of a work out..I think it's the body's way of getting the lungs repaired...the more you work those lungs the healthier they become....I know it sounds strange but I have replaced my after work cigarette with an after work workout same time every day...I look forward to it every day just like I used to look forward to a smoke..
    There is life beyond the tip of a cigarette and you are beginning to enjoy it...I am sooo happy you have come so far..and I can't wait for you to experience each day into recovery and the healing that is to come with each day...Clap, Clap -applause for you!
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    it will get better and then you will notice every smoker that walks past you as you smell ashtray... ugh... i am a bad x smoker..... so glad i quit... 2 years and a couple months.... my hubby still smokes . not much around me but the smell on him is bad :-( turnoff... really would love for him to quit..since it was his idea for us to quit but he didnt commit to it :-( congrats and please stick with not smoking. your doing great... it is hard no lie... i was a 2+ pack a day.. life will always be stressful no matter if you smoke or not....
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    My doctor once told me that he would rather that I be fat than be a smoker. I started smoking when I was 13 years old, quit cold turkey when I was 42. That was 5 years ago. Its one of the best things I ever did and now can't stand the smell of it. My sister quit 10 years ago and she says she still gets the occassional craving but I can honestly say I never want one.

Stick with it- your body, family, friend, and bank account will thank you!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options
    Great job!! You made it through the toughest part. This October will be my 4 year mark from quitting. Stay focused and don't give in!