Advice needed

Can anyone help me out here... I am just starting this weight loss journey. I am 140 pounds over weight for my height. I want to take pictures of my progress but I am so ashamed of myself that I dont even want to look at the pictures at all. Any suggestions?

Replies

• UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Take the pictures anyway and keep them. You don't have to post them and you don't have to look at them now and scrutinize yourself. If you stick with your program then in a few months you'll be glad you have them. It can get hard sometimes to keep going and if you can look back at where you've already been it may help.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Do take the pictures! You don't have to post them anywhere, but once you are down 20, 50, 100 pounds, you are going to be SOOOO glad you have them. Trust me, I wish I had taken pictures at my highest weight.

Plus, when it feels like you have stalled out, you can compare your current pictures to those starting pictures and see so much more progress than you would with the scale or just looking in the mirror.

Good luck!
  • Jack_NYC
    Jack_NYC Posts: 64 Member
    edited February 2016
    Agreed. You will get such a kick out of seeing how far you have come!
    Good luck and keep logging!
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Take the pictures and put them away. Don't look until you have made some solid progress.
  • Dontblink913
    Dontblink913 Posts: 2 Member
    I agree with everyone else, take the pictures. You'll want them later. Also, use them for motivation now. You know you want to make a change in your life, so whenever you feel like giving up, or you think it's too hard, look back at the pictures and remember why you started.