High in protein low in cost

Options
lndnbutler
lndnbutler Posts: 5 Member
I don't want to be spending an unnecessary amount of money on food for my new weight gaining plan. what things can I throw together.I want a variety of things to eat besides the same things all the time if unavoidable I can pay tho.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    Milk
    Yoghurt
    Beans
    Lentils
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Canned meats and seafood
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Lentils and rice.
    Baked oatmeal (easy to carry for lunches).
    Stuffed baked potatoes.
    Turkey chili and beans.
    Minestrone soup.
    Garlic chicken legs.
    Go to pinterest and put items you like in the search feature to find dishes and recipes.
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Venison. Costs about $1.50 for a bullet. And a few dollars for a hunting license.
  • lyndseybellz
    lyndseybellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    eggs. turkey bacon. whey protein. greek yogurt. chicken thighs are usually cheaper than chicken breasts and just as good. turkey meat. walmart has tuna pouches for around a buck fifty that have 20/21ish grams of protein.
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Basic pea soup (split peas, water, seasonings). It's great WITHOUT added protein. I save my ham/bacon to use in a dish where I can actually taste them. :)
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Organic Tofu $1.99 for a lb
    Dry beans- bulk is the cheapest
    Eggs
    Tuna - Walmart has cheap tuna in packages
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Lentils and rice.
    Stuffed baked potatoes.
    Turkey chili and beans.
    Minestrone soup.
    Garlic chicken legs.
    Go to pinterest and put items you like in the search feature to find dishes and recipes.

question, with baked oatmeal what kind of oats to use? Can I use rolled oats?
  • rebeccajoy79
    rebeccajoy79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Venison. Costs about $1.50 for a bullet. And a few dollars for a hunting license.

:D
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Pork loins/chops and chicken thighs and whole chickens are typically less than or right around $2/lb on the high end where I live.
    Meat and veg curries made with coconut cream poured over rice (or had with some other starch) are pretty easy, flavorful, and reheat well.
  • SusanParker365
    SusanParker365 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    IzzyBooNZ1 wrote: »
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Lentils and rice.
    Stuffed baked potatoes.
    Turkey chili and beans.
    Minestrone soup.
    Garlic chicken legs.

question, with baked oatmeal what kind of oats to use? Can I use rolled oats?

You can. But steal cut oats are better. They are less processed and require more energy for your body to break down.