Relapse

Options
I was doing great until I had company over. My diet died out. I went back to eating fast food and sweets. I feel guilty but now I have to teach myself SELF CONTROL...

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that every now and then. The only real problem would be if you let this happen everyday.
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Teach it !!! Yes. It is self-taught because it is self-motivation. 1 bad day or bad week just makes re-focussing easier (as we know better what not to do). Some of us had bad months, years, decades or lifetimes but it is often how we perceive it. Come on, you can do it !
  • KJfromCali
    KJfromCali Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You might want to pick up a book on the topic of self-control or start listening to an audio book. I find that even just listening to a book in the morning or throughout the day can help with the rest of the day. Your mind has probably been trained in negative habits for a long time, so it will take a lot of positive self talk to train positive habits.
  • awade1481
    awade1481 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement and advice. I needed it.
  • melindamaejones
    melindamaejones Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just read a thing on contouring your Weakness, it was about eating control problems and I found it super interesting how it was put, he said cut out your #1 weakness first for 30 days and at that point if you still want it badly you need to keep the fast from it until you have conquered the want of it. I have a serious coffee creamer problem along with chocolate problem I am working on conquering right now.