Need Really Good Tuna Salad Recipe for sandwiches

Options
MacroMan2016
MacroMan2016 Posts: 11 Member
Could use a good recipe for tuna salad. But no avacado in it. HATE them.

Replies

• Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is the best tuna salad recipe I've found. I admit, I change the proportions for my taste. I am not a fan of mayo.

Edited to add: if not avocado or hummus as @shinycrazy said, try plain greek yogurt in whatever recipe you currently have. It's what I put in chicken salad.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options

but it's...... I got nothing. I just found avocado and tuna are my favorite thing and I can skip the mayo. Hmm.... Hummus perhaps. artichoke hearts... Hope you find something yummy!
  • Saraness
    Saraness Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is the recipes I use:
    1 can of tuna
    1/4 kosher dill pickle
    1/2 celery stick
    1/2tsp of mayo
    2 tbsp horseradish mustard
    smoked paprika
    celery salt
    pepper
    onion powder
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Tuna, mayo (any kind or miracle whip), mustard, fresh squeeze of lemon, chopped onion, chopped tomato, chopped celery, salt pepper onion powder and chopped pickle or green olives
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have a few I like, one:

tuna
    greek yogurt
    curry powder
    chopped apple
    cashews
    diced red onion
    cumin
    salt
    pepper
    cilantro

another:

tuna
    greek yogurt
    red grapes
    walnuts
    diced red onion
    salt
    pepper
    thyme
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I just mix the tuna with some Miracle Whip, some mustard and relish. Or get the flavored tuna in a pouch.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I don't make sandwiches because I prefer to eat my tuna in salads, but here's my recipe for spicy asian satay tuna:

* 1 small can (or single-serve pouch) tuna (I don't drain if I'm going to use it in a salad, but you might want to if it's for sandwiches)
    * 1 heaping tbsp Swad Garlic & Ginger Paste
    * 1 tbsp Ponzu sauce
    * 1 tbsp Pb2 peanut butter powder
    * 100 grams (about 2 stalks) very finely chopped celery
    * dash of cayenne pepper

I would add the above to about 300 grams of mixed greens (often napa cabbage, baby spinach and broccoli slaw mix), but my hubs will eat it with crackers.
  • Mrsmiller0422
    Mrsmiller0422 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I make mine this way
    Tuna
    Light Hellman's
    Hard boiled egg whites
    Pickles
    Little pepper

Sometimes I put it on bread, other times I have used crackers crumbled on top or more in the summer I have stuffed my tuna mix in a tomato.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I put carrots, celery, and onions in a food processor so they are uniformly in little bits. Then hand mix in tuna, mustard, mayo, salt, pepper. Love it. It's mostly veggies.
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love a hard boiled egg mashed up with it. The usual additions of onion, celery and mayo :) I adore tuna and avocado and onion and stir cheese into it and spread it on chia toast and broil for a tuna melty.
  • kennedyer627
    kennedyer627 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Starkist.com has a bunch of tuna recipes if you get tired of tuna salad or want different tuna salad recipes.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

1 can Starkist tuna
    1 T. mayo
    1/2 c. celery
    1/4 c. shredded carrots
    1 T. balsamic vinaigrette

I like to eat this on half of a Pita thin :)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I usually do 1 tbs lite hellmans (it's only 35 calories and is the most acceptable of the lite mayos), a little bit of pickle juice and some old bay. Yes, I like it salty. Even been known to eat it on saltines.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I usually do 1 tbs lite hellmans (it's only 35 calories and is the most acceptable of the lite mayos), a little bit of pickle juice and some old bay. Yes, I like it salty. Even been known to eat it on saltines.

yo, definitely stealing this recipe. that sounds bangin'. never thought about the combo but it seems delicious
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I like to add lots of veggies to my tuna salad.
    • Tuna
    • Finely chopped veggies (onion, garlic, broccoli and/or asparagus or shredded brussel sprouts, cucumber, romaine, tomato, dill pickle)
    • Sometimes I'll add some chopped walnuts or pecans, pepita or sunflower seeds, and/or raisins
    • Add salt, pepper and mayo (or tzitziki or plain greek yogurt) to taste.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Usually I just keep it simple:
    Mayo, pickles or relish, salt
    Mayo, wasabi
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Tuna, Helmans light mayo and Sweetcorn with a bit of salt and pepper, lovely stirred into cooled pasta too
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like tuna, mayonnaise, a scant tablespoon of finely chopped onions, chopped capers, parsley, lemon zest, black pepper. Very nice in a tuna melt, too.
  • Jplante312
    Jplante312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just a tip I use hummus instead of mayo when I make my tuna now. Tastes just as good.