IDEALISTIC GOAL???

Options
6 months in (starting mid January) and finally reached the half way goal of 40lb lost. Have gone down from a UK size 22 to 14.

I know the closer you get to your final goal, the harder the weight is to shift. My current calorie intake is 1380cals a day and I normally try burning around 600 calories a day (although last week was bad as myself and children were poorly).

I set a goal of losing 26lb by Xmas which would make me 10st 7lb, only 7lb off my healthy weight and 1stone off my ideal weight. Is this an idealistic goal please.... any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I think that is very good goal which you can accomplish!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    It totally can be done, but I wouldn't be too upset if you don't quite get there. I lost a lot in my first 6 months or so. Now its a bit of a nightmare, every 1lb is a battle, I am exactly 1 stone off ideal also.
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    26 lbs in 6 months sounds realistic. That's really just 1 lb a week. If you find that you reach a weight loss plateau, then you can change things up a bit with your exercise and diet. But if what you are doing is working, just keep doing it! Congratulations on your results so far!
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    size 22 to 14 only lost 40lbs thats brilliant!!

i agree it gets harder closer you get, all can do is your best, its do-able
  • frannyannemum
    Options
    Most of it was baby weight and over indulgence whilst suffering from postnatal depression. It all seemed to drop off in the first few months not soooo much anymore :(
  • frannyannemum
    Options
    Thank you for the advice and support ladies.....

Well done to you all for your success and long may it continue :happy: