Question?

Options
hello. I have used MFP for tacking calories and exercise off and on for awhile. I did not bother to post on the forums or to use this blog page as I had already created a blog elsewhere. However, then as now, I read some of the blogs... and I am astounded!!!

Isn't the purpose of this to get support? not to be ridiculed and ostracized.

Goodness! I can find enough of that all around me. very disappointed in all the people that apparently put others down in order to feel better about themselves. I truly thought that the purpose of these forums and blogs were to support one another - regardless of what they are doing to lose weight.

Replies

• kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    I see posts like yours every once in a while, but I have never personally seen people putting other's down. I have seen some strong opinions and some harsh advice, but never anyone trying to do anything other than help. Granted, you will always have those people in life. You just have to ignore them and go on!
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    Options
    I agree with you! Ignore the critical people & stick with the supportive ones. This is a journey and no two people will be on the same path! It's different for each one of us. Hang in there lady! =)
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I haven't really seen the negativity you've seen, but it seems like probably there is some sort of method for reporting abusive posts? You're right, it's not what this site should be about. I have unfriended people who got to political on here (I'm not on here to talk about the merits of the present/previous administration, etc.), but it's impossible to block responses, so I would guess the best thing to do would be to report any that you feel cross a line. We need to be kind, even if we disagree with each other.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You have critical, harsh and mean people just about anywhere you have a group of people. I just ignore them. There is not much you can do about it but consider the source and move on.
  • crr7
    crr7 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks, you guys for your comments. I know that it is best to ignore some people/comments. I guess I just don't understand why they think they and their opinions are so much superior to others. But, whatever, I guess... they do not determine my success.....
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I am so sorry this is the first impression you are getting! I have seen some very negative comments and I try to ignore them, although I have posted a very respectful response on occasion. I haven't been using the messgae boards for very long either, but I assure you, this is not the norm. 99% of the people on here are supportive and kind. The other 1% you will find anywhere else and we just have to hope that our positivity either rubs off on them or scares them off! Good luck!
  • skfj5
    skfj5 Posts: 70
    Options
    Wow!! I've never seen a tear-down on here!! Everything I read seems uplifting and people seem encouraging!! I guess I'm not trolling in the right forums!! Or, I guess I should say...I AM trolling in the right forums!!

Sorry you've been met with negativity!! :( We all need to support each other on this journey!!
  • ddalhoff
    ddalhoff Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks, you guys for your comments. I know that it is best to ignore some people/comments. I guess I just don't understand why they think they and their opinions are so much superior to others. But, whatever, I guess... they do not determine my success.....

Same here Cristie!!