Hashimoto's to support ?

Options
Any ppl around with Hashimoto's to support ??

Replies

• KendraMonster
    KendraMonster Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have hashimoto's and fibromyalgia
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yup. Diagnosed in October (along with diabetes). I'll get my rT3 & T3 levels checked again in March & may need an adjustment (lowering T4 and adding T3). I have a doctor who likes to micro-manage the thyroid hormones. When I did a quick search that was the only thing I was concerned about. Just throwing T4 at the problem doesn't seem to be a useful practice, and he's not inclined to do that.

Not sure how much support I'll be - aside from being really annoyed at the hot flashes I'm getting from the meds, hashimoto's doesn't seem to impact my life. At the moment, I have bigger fish to fry (the diabetes). My plan for Hashimoto's right now is to hope it goes into remission once I get my vitamin D levels up - and if it doesn't to do some research this summer.
  • jen0922
    jen0922 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimotos and hate it!! I have tried everything to lose weight...feeling highly irritated and frustrated! Any ideas, support, encouragement...all appreciated!!!
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have hoshimotos and take synthroid. My blood values are normal on synthroid and I lose weight easy.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's diagnosed a loooong time ago. I take my meds, keep up with endocrinologist appointments (and only endocrinologist, no other dr gets involved in this), call when I suspect something is off. My weight has never been affected. As long as you find the right meds and have a sensible diet, you will be fine, do not worry.
  • SabrinaBergman
    SabrinaBergman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's and am diabetic. I'm not on medicine for the Hashimoto's yet and am currently working on weening myself diabetic meds by losing weight, exercising and diet. I've never talked to anyone about Hashimoto's before because it's not to the point where it has impacted my life (that I feel anyways) but I know it's coming. Endocrine system issues are huge in my family. Feel free to add or chat for support. We can learn from each other
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Yes I have it. Right now I am symptomatic and my blood sugars are crazy. I hate being hypo and the weight barely comes off.