I lost 15 kg but belly is same?

Options
Current Weight: 249lb
Lost 33 Pounds.

I walk daily 12+ Miles and by diet i lost this weight.
My legs are slimmer now. But my belly fats are not losing why?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    People lose fat in different areas -- it's a genetic thing. My midsection was one of the last places I lost weight and the place that held on to fat for the longest.
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It's hard to get rid of belly fat. I've lost 20 pounds and, despite a noticeable difference in arms, legs, and hips my belly seems to look and feel the same. Walking isn't enough. Do some strength training and cardio that targets your core.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Because you need to keep losing

It will go

You may like put in some progressive resistance but just keep going
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Where you gain and lose weight is mostly genetically predetermined. Many men carry their weight in their midsection, while many women carry it in their hips and buttocks. I lose weight in my belly quickly and in my thighs very slowly. You can search the forms and see many similar posts from people upset that they've lost weight but not as many inches in the spots they'd like. A common guideline is that you're likely to lose weight first in the last place you put it on, and last in the first place you put it on- so if you first noticed your weight gain in your belly, that's probably the last place it will come off, as well. It may well be that you've actually lost fat in your belly but that your proportions have stayed similar because you lost it in your arms and legs as well, so visually there isn't as much impact. Are your pants fitting differently? Have you gone down a belt notch? Taking measurements and pictures will help you realize when there are changes that aren't obvious from day to day.

You will lose noticeable size in your belly eventually, if you continue to lose weight, but there is nothing short of surgery that can cause spot reduction, unfortunately.
  • runningalice
    runningalice Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring? Or is it that you feel you look the same?
    Cos i was suprised! I thought i hadnt changed but i had lost a few inches :)
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If you have lost it based on the diet plan you posted a few hours ago, it's a good bet your body is tearing down the muscle because it can't use the fat quickly enough to fuel your day.