New To MyFitnessPal since Thursday

Options
Hello! Started a program offered through my employer group. This is a 12 week program. It will take me longer than 12 weeks to lose the weight I need to lose, hoping this is hte answer.

I have been struggling with weight loss most of my adult life I have been on another program three times and failed. I have invested thousands in books, pills, weight machines, etc. over the years. I want this to be the last time.

I lost my husband to terminal cancer in April, we were married 25 years and we received the diagnosis on our 25th wedding anniversary. We had seven good months but they took their toll. I gained 35 pounds in six months. I was already overweight, but now I am considered morbidly obese.

Not good at this kind of posting either. Don't generally, share information about myself.

Replies

• kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a wonderful site. You will get a lot of support and help! I love love love this site. I am very sorry for your loss. You sound like a very strong woman, so I know you can get rid of this weight!! Best luck to you!!
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know it must be difficult for you but I think you are in a good place for encouragement and just a place to talk or vent on occasion. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

I am sending a friend request and if you do not accept I understand.

Good Luck,
    Michelle
  • MydniteJypsy
    Options
    just wanted to say welcome. i can understand how stress can cause weight gain and you have been through a lose like that its only natural for some of us to turn to food. we are here to help you and support you. do you mind me adding you as a friend and if you ever need someone to talk too know i'm here.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. great site with lots of info, support,encouragement and inspiration. Very sorry for your loss-I can't even imagine how hard that must've been.

just take it (life,weight loss, grieving) one day at a time.

You can do this.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you lost your husband, and so recently too. I can't even begin to imagine what living without my husband would be like. My heart aches for you and for what you must have gone through.

It can be difficult to share information about yourself and your life, but this really does seem to be a good place to do just that. I've only been on here a month and I've met some very encouraging and supportive people. I hope you find the support you need here as well.

12 weeks may not be enough to lose all the weight, but it is enough see changes and to create new, life altering behavior patterns. Spend some time on the success stories and the motivation boards and you'll find quite a few people who have done just that - changed their lives. Take it one day at a time, be gentle with yourself on the rough days, and don't give up. You can do it!!