New to macros

Options
tallbold
tallbold Posts: 89 Member
Hi all!!

Looking for some new friends who are good or maybe new to counting macros who's diaries are open. I find it hard to eat 229g of protein since I should be eating 1g per lb. Going to aim for .7 for now. Anyways hope we can connect.

Happy Tuesday!! ☺

Replies

• 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If you're having trouble keeping up with the protein intake from food, have you tried adding in with shakes or bars? They're easy to consume, and have great protein value depending on the powder you choose. Also cutting your carbs will help. For me, a perfect day is 2-1 ration of protein over carbs. 229 grams for a female is pretty high. What are you goals? Are you currently working out?
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hello! I've been counting macros for about a little over a year now. It's generally recommended for protein to be at .8 x pound of body weight. That might be a much more attainable number for you. I generally include a lean protein in every meal and incorporate high protein snacks (low fat string cheese, Greek yogurt) throughout the day. I log pretty much daily and my diary is open. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Best of luck!

www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It is 1 gram per lb of lean body mass that is usually suggested, so if you are 229 at 35% bf% that would be more like 149 grams.

If you don't know your BF% I would suggest getting 0.8 grams per lb of goal weight. So if your goal is 170lbs I would suggest 136 grams of protein.
  • tallbold
    Options
    4aces61 wrote: »
    If you're having trouble keeping up with the protein intake from food, have you tried adding in with shakes or bars? They're easy to consume, and have great protein value depending on the powder you choose. Also cutting your carbs will help. For me, a perfect day is 2-1 ration of protein over carbs. 229 grams for a female is pretty high. What are you goals? Are you currently working out?

I weigh 229 so that is why I mentioned 229g. Even at 229lbs I find that high..lol. Im 5'9 and carry my weight pretty well. Ive lost alot of weight over the years and just looking to lose maybe 30 lbs and tone up at same time. I do workout at 4-5 times a day for at least 30-45 min. I will look into the shakes. What kind of bars do you eat....I have tried quest bars but havent been a fan because the ones I have tried have stevia. May look at trying something else as those are good ideas. Thanks. ☺
  • tallbold
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    It is 1 gram per lb of lean body mass that is usually suggested, so if you are 229 at 35% bf% that would be more like 149 grams.

If you don't know your BF% I would suggest getting 0.8 grams per lb of goal weight. So if your goal is 170lbs I would suggest 136 grams of protein.

Ohhhhhhhh Thank you. Makes so much more sense now.
  • tallbold
    Options
    Hello! I've been counting macros for about a little over a year now. It's generally recommended for protein to be at .8 x pound of body weight. That might be a much more attainable number for you. I generally include a lean protein in every meal and incorporate high protein snacks (low fat string cheese, Greek yogurt) throughout the day. I log pretty much daily and my diary is open. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Best of luck!

Will def add you!! Thanks for the website too!!
  • ChrisRendon1128
    ChrisRendon1128 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Thanks for the website suggestion. I currently weigh 221 lbs and I just realized I am not meeting my protein goal. eek.
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" as well, I eat about 90g protein with active level of exercise.
  • Splitbygreg
    Splitbygreg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm macros