One month without alco challenge

Options
Hello my friends!

OK yesterday was a total fiasco. My new body does NOT deserve what I did to it!!! Also, being all cute and sexy AND so drunk is NOT cool!

Is anyone with me on this: one month without alcohol!

I know for some people this is normal, but for me it will be a total challenge. I am sure I can do it, but I would like some support!

Replies

• Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    This would be one hell of a day for me to start. We're having my nephew's 15th B-day party @ Hooters. I haven't had any booze in about a month. I would love to support anyone on here, but I'll start tomorrow.:flowerforyou: :laugh: :drinker:
  • noradoyle
    noradoyle Posts: 6
    Options
    Yeah il do it wit ya cos my friends birthday in a month, im drinkin tonite but from 2mara il def do it wit ya xx
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    For those who may read my "sig" and think, "What a hypocite", I'm not a lush. I only enjoy a few drinks every now and then and I don't drink until I get sloppy.
  • dduke01
    dduke01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. :happy: I hope you can do it. You should give yourself a treat at the end of your accomplishments like a drink.
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    For those who may read my "sig" and think, "What a hypocite", I'm not a lush. I only enjoy a few drinks every now and then and I don't drink until I get sloppy.
    None should be judging you anyway. I love your signature and also love wine every now again. So what! Go for it and enjoy.
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    I know I won't be able to do it but i wish you all the luck in the world!!!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I did it for 2 weeks and it was good! Except that when I broke it and had a drink I was pretty dizzy on 1 pint of weak cider. I'd love to say I'll join you but it's the holidays so realistically...no :P
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Giving up alcohol is tough! I've gone 8 weeks without a drop as part of my 12 week challenge, the first 2 weeks were tough!!! I found it really was just a habit, I love wine but with that comes all the bad nibbles along the way and the depression the next dayI doubt I will ever go back to it now, maybe just on a special occassion
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 2 or 3 Captain and cokes about 5 nights a week. For the past 8 months I think I have only drank 2 or 3. You can do it!!:smile:
  • VICKY_83
    VICKY_83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That would be hard but I think I could do it. finish my last bit of wine in the fridge 2 nite. I drink when I am stressed. I can drink bout 2 bottles of wine a nite well I use to but I noticed my stomach was looking rather bloated :)
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    Giving up alcohol is tough! I've gone 8 weeks without a drop as part of my 12 week challenge, the first 2 weeks were tough!!! I found it really was just a habit, I love wine but with that comes all the bad nibbles along the way and the depression the next dayI doubt I will ever go back to it now, maybe just on a special occassion
    That is so me :-/
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have just had my first alcohol free week since I don't know when, and last night I slept for 8 hours, which is a record for me! I'll try and do the whole month with you.
  • jtfish112
    jtfish112 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to join you on this challenge since I know that alcohol is holding me back from losing the weight. It's just so hard this time of year when the weather is so warm and sunny, I live in wine country and there's always parties everywhere during this season! But I will make an effort... promise :smile:
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Went to a friends bbq last night and consumed way more alcohol than I really should. Now that i'm on MFP, i'm more aware about my health - and alcohol is not healthy!!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Great! Im so glad Im not alone. First challenge is tomorrow, Im going out with friends. But there will be another friend there who also doesnt drink, so it should be easier!
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Still going strong! That was my 10th day in a row. I can't say that I missed it over the weekend , but I'm sure the weekend had more hours in it! :laugh: