18-19% Body fat looking to cut 20lbs of fat.

Options
Male
27 Years Old
37in waist
220lbs
BMR=2000-2200
Texas Method - Lift three days a week (currently deloading)
High intensity: sprints or jump training - cardio twice a week (currently deloadin)
Deload for me is random bro exercises in the gym with a 30 min walk for cardio.

MAX Lifts @5reps
D=405
S=325
B=250

Basic philosophy for Dieting, Lifting, & Health.

DIEt
When dieting the only thing that matters is calories in vs calories out (The First Law Of Thermodynamics). If you want to survive the hunger pains basically you have to eat "healthy". Typical health foods being any vegetable or lean meat. For the macro nutrients hitting the minimum amount of protein in order to force your body to use fat as energy instead of your muscle. I personally stick with 1g of protein per lb of body weight but that is probably way over the minimum for most.

Lift
I like Squating, Benching, and Deading for high weight & low reps. By no means is the only appropriate resistance training for somebody else. Resistance training is necessary so please do something gymnastics, plyometrics, lift weights etc...

Health
moderation in life. I believe healthy food is most likely the least processed food for example: vegetable - good, honey bun - bad. lifting helps fight loss of muscle and loss of bone density. Cardio for heart health. Last and probably most important dont smoke.

note
I started a cut a few weeks ago but it was going very slow so Iam going to actually start counting my calories again. Diet should be a lot of chicken, eggs, protein powder, whole milk, monster energy drinks & veggies. Any comments or thoughts would be cool. I think i will update my progress every week with a picture, weight, and waist measurement.

01/12/2016
Week 0
220lbs
37in waist
https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/20/iqgf0ghi6gxe.jpg

Replies

• MrsJBro
    MrsJBro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know you said your loss is slow, but it's healthy just looking at the numbers. Maybe you might want to take measurements both with calipers and girth. That way you can see both width changes and fat layer changes, just as another way to keep your eye on any lean mass losses. Why the Monster energy drinks? Are you training for anything specific?
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've tried calipers before but I can't seem to get consistent readings :(

I love monster energy drinks. What's not to like caffeine, proprietary energy blend, and pure rage in a can. I am sure it's healthy...

Nah, I wish I was but I am just trying to lean out. I do enjoy strength training but I seem to get hurt pretty consistently ever three months

Thanks for the input
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I've tried calipers before but I can't seem to get consistent readings :(

I love monster energy drinks. What's not to like caffeine, proprietary energy blend, and pure rage in a can. I am sure it's healthy...

Nah, I wish I was but I am just trying to lean out. I do enjoy strength training but I seem to get hurt pretty consistently ever three months

Thanks for the input

Have you deloaded and corrected your form? Consistent injuries would concern me
  • AnabolicKyle
    Options
    Forms good but i don't ever deload unless hurt.
  • AnabolicKyle
    Options
    missed week3

02/09/2016
    Week 4
    217lbs

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/x6/um6hfcuqwyvs.jpg

note changed my diet last week to a more extreme approach. Iam doing RFL 3-4 days a week and a little above maintenance on the rest.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

That's a mistake. You should always have a scheduled deload week every 2-3 months.
  • AnabolicKyle
    Options

That's a mistake. You should always have a scheduled deload week every 2-3 months.

agreed
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

As others have mentioned if your hurt often you may very well have a form/mobility issue.

How tall are you?
  • AnabolicKyle
    Options
    6 foot 4