What would you tell your younger self if you could?

Options

Replies

• PLTNM_INC
    PLTNM_INC Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    All that hard work ends up paying off...hold on s hit is about to get awesome
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    Food doesn't make everything all better.

this + "you are not ugly you dumbass"
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'd tell my 20 year old self to leave my job and stop trying to please everybody. My 25 year old self not waste the best years of my life loving a man who could not commit to me. My 30 year old self to hurry up and have kids before it's too late.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I would've told my 19y/o self to walk away..everything will work out, you won't be a disappointment and no one will hate you. :'(
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You have asthma, not allergies. That requires a different treatment, get it started now so you can stay active and healthy, not gain weight later in life because your lungs go on strike.
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You don't have to accept being a weenie weakling.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I would tell my 25 year old self to get the divorce you are thinking about and marry the person that everyone thought you were dating lol... (for the record, I did get the divorce 12 years later, and am now dating the person everyone thought i was back then)... but i lost a lot of years with him.
  • mikeski52
    mikeski52 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'd tell him, "If you don't keep the exercise going, when you're 31 you're going to start having back problems, and they're not going to stop until you start exercising again. So do me a favor, please."
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Start weighlifting , right now
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Take school seriously
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I'd say "Trac...chill out. Relax. Be kinder to yourself! Things aren't as serious as you think they are. You are beautiful. Don't smoke! Don't go out with Chris!!!"
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bet your life's savings on Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson. 42-1 underdog. I would have had $420,000.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hit on every woman you're ever interested in. You'll have fun, the worst they'll ever say is no, and a few will even say yes!

And when that curvy, cute, insanely brilliant redhead starts talking with you, consider your ability to deal with people who would turn down a full ride at Johns Hopkins medical and instead do clerical temp work, and understand carefully what other character flaws that may indicate.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    1. Trust your instincts. 2. You do not have a slow metabolism, you just eat when you are bored or stuck or procrastinating. 3. If he's not 100% keen on you, leave and find someone better. 3. Go to more concerts before your heroes die of old age. 4. Buy more guitars.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I'd tell my 20 year old self to sort those few pounds I'd noticed myself gaining and not ignore the issue so I didn't have to suffer health problems them make an entire lifestyle change at 25!!! Why did I spend so much of my young life hating my body? ! I've now lost my super young years being chubby and it pisses me off! Damnit young me!
  • enjayer
    enjayer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    These are brilliant guys. A lot of familiar themes here for me too! And some heartbreaking ones :(
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I would show myself a picture at my heaviest, and explain what to do habit-wise from then on to avoid it. Maintaining a slim figure would have been FAR EASIER than what I'm dealing with now!
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    go to the doctor and have your colesteral checked. Men are not that special.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't tell myself anything. Partly because, good or bad, I've learned something from every experience. Mostly because meh, younger me wouldn't listen to some ol' lady telling me what to do or giving me her opinion.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    - It's not your responsibility to parent your parents.
    - You are actually pretty clever and resourceful and WILL go to University, no matter what they say.
    - Look after your body.
    - Have therapy. It's great and will change you for the better!
    - It's okay to be single for a while, you WILL find the right guy, it'll just take a while.
    - You can do incredible things when you put your mind to it.
    - Buy a house as soon as you're able to. Renting is wasted money.
    - When you do a job you hate, leave it. 8 hours a day is too long a proportion of your waking time to be miserable!
    - Work for yourself and become self-employed as soon as you can. It's scary at first but so worth it.