Can you plateau for a while.....

Options
when you start exercising more? Last week I added about 2-3 hours of extra exercise. I was working out 4 days a week for 30 minutes but last week and from now on I am doing 30-60 minutes 6-7 days a week. I did not lose as much this week - only about .6 of a pound.

Replies

• ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yep. After a couple weeks of increasing my exercise I hit another 4 week plateau. The last couple weeks though weight's been dropping. Hang in there :)
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I was on a plateau for almost 2 months. I was within 6 ozs back and forth the whole time. I am a exercise fiend and added more exercise, took away exercise, changed my calories, etc etc and nothing changed the plateau....But, Eventually you bounce off of it, thankfully!
  • lucysmommy
    lucysmommy Posts: 460
    Options
    i have been the same for about 2 weeks now but i have dropped 3inch from my abdo and 2 inch from my hips

have you been measuring yourself?
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Yes I measured this week and will check it again in month.
  • lucysmommy
    lucysmommy Posts: 460
    Options
    great you should see a difference in those figures rather than the scales :-)
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    I know how you feel. I go up a lb and down a lb and have for 2 weeks.... but the inches are coming off.... Yes you want to see it on the scales.. but think about something. Your HEART is a muscle, and you are also strengthing that muscle. GOOD FOR YOU! The scale will eventurally reflect it too, but that's only ONE part..... How my clothes fit is even more important to me.....

HUGS!! Linda/RN