A little help here please

Options
traceyannem1
traceyannem1 Posts: 11 Member
edited February 2016 in Motivation and Support
Does anyone have any suggestions what I can have as a snack before bed .. My calories are saying I haven't ate enough .. Don't want to go to bed without anything then my log of today's calories and exercise don't save ?

Replies

• TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Wait - what?
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want that fits in your calorie goal. Do you have some fruit or anything like that around the house to eat? Maybe make some popcorn? I don't know what you have or what you like to eat, so there's not really a good way to answer that question. Find something you like that will bring your calories up to your goal, just make sure you weigh it to be as accurate as possible to log it.

And hell, if you're like 400 calories short, go get some froyo. Better for you than ice cream, and if you can find one that has birthday cake flavor NOOOOOMMMM!
  • traceyannem1
    Options
    Just new to this today .. It's saying I haven't took enough calories in for today .. See if I don't eat anything else and leave it will it save in my diary for tomorrow ?
  • traceyannem1
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Whatever you want that fits in your calorie goal. Do you have some fruit or anything like that around the house to eat? Maybe make some popcorn? I don't know what you have or what you like to eat, so there's not really a good way to answer that question. Find something you like that will bring your calories up to your goal, just make sure you weigh it to be as accurate as possible to log it.

And hell, if you're like 400 calories short, go get some froyo. Better for you than ice cream, and if you can find one that has birthday cake flavor NOOOOOMMMM!

Ok thank you for your help
  • TaraTall
    Options
    Yeah, what's the difference in what youre supposed to hit. If it's minimal and you're not hungry, no worried. If it's bigger, fill up.

The diary auto saves and moves to the next day if that is what you're worried about. The goal calories will be the same as today - they don't add in the missed ones today if thats what you're asking.
  • traceyannem1
    Options
    Ok no problem .. So even if you don't eat what its recommending you to intake is ok?
  • TaraTall
    Options
    Do your best to get to the recommended calories.
  • traceyannem1
    Options
    I have 732 extra ..
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    If it's not saving it means you're probably under a 1,000 and I agree try to fit anything in. I'd say something as simple as peanut butter and toast. You need it to make sure you're healthy. Granted people do eat less than 1,000 sometimes but usually under the supervision of a doc!

I like peanut butter because i dont get hungry at night, froyo is yumm! Best of luck!
  • traceyannem1
    Options
    Just made some toast and jam
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Just made some toast and jam

Try peanut butter and toast. Or, really, nuts of any kind. I had to stop eating cashews because they're very calorie dense and one serving of that is not even a handful for me! But if you're that low on calories, it can be a good way to add the calories in without eating a huge amount. Plus, they have protein and other nutrients that are good for you.
  • deadchipmunk
    deadchipmunk Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Let's say MFP has you set with 1600 calories per day to eat, but you only eat 1200, it (MFP) won't be happy that you still have 400 calories to eat. So when you attempt to save your food diary and close the day it will tell you that you haven't eaten enough (and honestly if you have 700 calories left at end of day, you probably need to eat more, but over time you will be able to get that part figured out). But it still saves you diary and you still get credit for logging x many days in a row, so no worries there.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Just new to this today .. It's saying I haven't took enough calories in for today .. See if I don't eat anything else and leave it will it save in my diary for tomorrow ?

Every day is a new day on MFP. Whether yesterday was perfect in every way or deficit or surplus, today is a new day. Your calorie limit and exercise burn calculations will change as your weight changes, so be sure and check-in with accurate weight.
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Your log will save no matter what. It just won't give you a "if every day were like today..." prediction. You really shouldn't aim to be that far under on a regular basis... But if you're not hungry then you're not hungry. No matter what MfP will save it.