What are your tricks for avoiding hunger?

Options
2»

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water and eat raw veggies.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    First, quit eating at a deficit. Your body thinks your starving and wants to hoard every last calorie. Make sure you have at least 5 servings of vegetables, 3 servings of fruit. AND make sure you have enough fiber, and drink 8 glasses of water a day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    cebreisch wrote: »
    First, quit eating at a deficit. Your body thinks your starving and wants to hoard every last calorie. Make sure you have at least 5 servings of vegetables, 3 servings of fruit. AND make sure you have enough fiber, and drink 8 glasses of water a day.

If OP wants to lose weight, some sort of deficit will be necessary.
  • lyndseybellz
    lyndseybellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    eating food. works 100% of the time.
  • bmhorton12
    bmhorton12 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Chew sugar free gum when you have cravings but aren't really hungry.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    cebreisch wrote: »

Starvation mode is a myth. If you're at a deficit, you will lose weight. Now, if you're at too much of a deficit for too long, you'll start losing muscle mass as your body starts converting everything for fuel, but you will still lose weight.

bmhorton12 wrote: »
    Chew sugar free gum when you have cravings but aren't really hungry.

You know, that never worked for me. Maybe because I don't crave sweets?
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Carbonated water, like la criox
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    scottyxxx wrote: »
    Hi everybody!

I am looking to loose some weight - I am about 81kg and 5ft 2, this puts my BMR at 1488 calories. I am eating in a 200 calorie deficit below this level, putting me at 1200 calories a day.

I have been on and off on this for about a year, but am really looking to focus and loose some poundage.

Anyway my question is, how do you stave off hunger when on a diet? I am feeling super hungry in the mornings and mid afternoon, and so far have refrained from snacking but I fear as this continues, I will only get weaker and cave.

What can I do to minimize my hunger? What are your techniques?

eat lol no serious i go for a walk or drink water
  • pseudandry
    pseudandry Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's natural for many people confuse thirst with hunger. I found this mini post really helpful... https://www.missouriwestern.edu/hr/wp-content/uploads/sites/254/2013/12/BCBS-Newsletter-September-2014.pdf br9zkwjhdkqo.jpeg
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I drink tea or water if I'm a little hungry otherwise I'll actually eat if able (I. E. At work and out of food I've brought then I'll wait until I'm home). But have a play around with you calorie goal of if your hungry all the time don't forget 0.25lbs or 0.5lb loss is still a loss and better than nothing.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Alot of coffee.
    BTW, anybody have any tricks for avoiding tachycardia? :tongue: