Has anyone done the Juice Fast?

Options
124»

Replies

• DC0hen
    DC0hen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So on to the next topic. What thread should i look at or how do increase my caloric count while still ingesting normal portion? It seems like I'm either at in or snacking every 2 hours.
  • DC0hen
    Options
    The purpose of the thread was not to sell anything. It was a question.

As for the error in my information was based on external information which has been vetted here.

Now I know what I am working with.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    DC0hen wrote: »
    So on to the next topic. What thread should i look at or how do increase my caloric count while still ingesting normal portion? It seems like I'm either at in or snacking every 2 hours.

Calorie dense foods can be your best friend when you're trying to eat more. These are foods that pack a lot of calories into just a small amount, so they boost your calories quickly without putting a lot of extra food in your stomach. This is a generic list and it's definitely not comprehensive, but anything here can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies, medical conditions, obviously):

avocado
    cheese
    full fat dairy
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    dried fruit (raisins, apricots, plums, dates, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    olives
    honey
    molasses
  • lejilluk
    lejilluk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the 7lbs 7 day juice fast many years ago, wouldnt recommend that tbh. The weight that stayed off must have been the muscle I lost. However, I've never been so greatful and appreciative of having some actual food to eat that my healthy eating continued for years after!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss!! I am a huge fan of juice fasts. I did my first juice fast about 12 years ago and I actually reached a state of euphoria, clarity and energy I'd never had before. It was a 10 day, and I lost maybe 8 lbs. I wasn't doing it to lose weight, I already knew that would be temporary, it was more of an experiment. My second juice fast was about 2 years ago when I was just fed up with my crazy hormones and sugar addiction after having my two kids. I was just all outawhack. I watched Fat, sick, dead, whatever, and was reminded of how good I felt during my first juice fast and wondered if I could also use it as a launching pad to get healthy and break my crazy sugar addiction. It did. (I think I also lost about 8lbs on that one.) I have been up and down a little the past two years, but that initial weight loss I had from my juice fast never came back. I'm currently down 30lbs from my heaviest 2 or 1&1/2 years ago, whenever it was. My crazy sugar addiction that I had was also successfully broken. I mean, I had NO control. I would binge on anything with sugar in it (except hard candy and gummy bears, those things are just gross). I could never 'eat just one'. I know a lot of people here are like, 'it's called self control', or 'there is no such thing as a sugar addiction'. Well that's great if that's been your experience, but it certainly hasn't been mine. I'm currently drink the mean green juice almost daily (in addition to my regular vegetarian diet). I juice it with an extra cucumber so it cuts the sugar down a bit. My husband has been drinking the mean green juice once or twice a day now for the past 10 days, he still eats regular otherwise. He's lost 6lbs, No fast needed. The juice just really cuts down your cravings for snacking on things. Well that's been our experience anyways. Now I know it's bad to post and run, but it's past 11pm here. It's already way past my bedtime. Again, congrats on your progress!
  • DC0hen
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Great job on the weight loss!! I am a huge fan of juice fasts. I did my first juice fast about 12 years ago and I actually reached a state of euphoria, clarity and energy I'd never had before. It was a 10 day, and I lost maybe 8 lbs. I wasn't doing it to lose weight, I already knew that would be temporary, it was more of an experiment. My second juice fast was about 2 years ago when I was just fed up with my crazy hormones and sugar addiction after having my two kids. I was just all outawhack. I watched Fat, sick, dead, whatever, and was reminded of how good I felt during my first juice fast and wondered if I could also use it as a launching pad to get healthy and break my crazy sugar addiction. It did. (I think I also lost about 8lbs on that one.) I have been up and down a little the past two years, but that initial weight loss I had from my juice fast never came back. I'm currently down 30lbs from my heaviest 2 or 1&1/2 years ago, whenever it was. My crazy sugar addiction that I had was also successfully broken. I mean, I had NO control. I would binge on anything with sugar in it (except hard candy and gummy bears, those things are just gross). I could never 'eat just one'. I know a lot of people here are like, 'it's called self control', or 'there is no such thing as a sugar addiction'. Well that's great if that's been your experience, but it certainly hasn't been mine. I'm currently drink the mean green juice almost daily (in addition to my regular vegetarian diet). I juice it with an extra cucumber so it cuts the sugar down a bit. My husband has been drinking the mean green juice once or twice a day now for the past 10 days, he still eats regular otherwise. He's lost 6lbs, No fast needed. The juice just really cuts down your cravings for snacking on things. Well that's been our experience anyways. Now I know it's bad to post and run, but it's past 11pm here. It's already way past my bedtime. Again, congrats on your progress!

@143tobe great job to you as well. I forgot about that component of helping cut down the sugar cravings. I was also addicted to sugar prior to the fast.

Currently when I juice it's primarily as a supplement to my regular meals.

Onward and upward