Phone app doesn't log exercise

Options
Why does the phone app pick up my food but not the exercise? :/ It's a constant source of irritation.. if I log my food in the app, it transfers over to the website, but if I log the exercise it doesn't. But.. if I log the exercise on the website it does write back to the app... this makes NO sense to me and completely messes up my logs... is anyone else having this trouble? I'm using a Samsung phone.

Replies

• WishfulThinking0
    WishfulThinking0 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What type of Samsung phone ...?
  • stellabest99
    stellabest99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Samsung Note 3 (old, I know but hey it works!!)... I downloaded the app from the play store. It works fine to log everything on the phone, but for some reason only the food gets sent back to the website, so unless I go and add it on both, it look like I haven't exercised, when on my phone it's all there.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    It is a known issue for the Android app. From the MFP Help pages...
    Bug: Some members are experiencing an issue where exercises logged within the app are not synced to the website. Some members find a reinstall resolves this for them. Please enter any exercises not synced to the website in via web at www.myfitnespall.com prior to reinstallation, otherwise that data may not sync. Fix: We have a fix being released in version 5.6 of the Android app that we hope will address this issue. Please keep an eye out and update once available.

Workaround: If that does not resolve the issue, please keep in mind you can log all exercise via www.myfitnesspal.com, even from your mobile web browser.

Reference:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1453167-known-issues-android-app
  • stellabest99
    stellabest99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thx Cyber, good to know it isn't just me!