Running Out Of Hot Breakfast Ideas?!?

Options
lucylaw2016
lucylaw2016 Posts: 3 Member
I feel like I'm always making the same thing. Either poached eggs, Baked beans and mushrooms. Or Vegetarian sausages, poached eggs & veg. I'm not a BIG fan of omlettes and I'm trying not to eat too much bread.. Any suggestions? I know I sound extremely fussy.

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, grits, fried eggs, bacon, Canadian bacon, ham, sausage, waffles, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, smoothies, hash browns, rice, rice porridge, grilled fish, salads, yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit . . .
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burritos. You can make a huge batch with whatever fillings you like. I've seen lots of recipes online that use eggs and meat.

I'm vegetarian and i love this recipe http://veganfreezerexchange.blogspot.ca/2012/04/vegan-breakfast-burritos-for-24-1-bowl.html I add cheese to it though. I warm them up in the oven while i get ready. They are my favorite!
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Then don't restrict yourself to "breakfast foods".

Eat pork tenderloin and a baked potato if you like. I'm sure your body won't know that it's not actually ham/bacon and hash browns.
  • xROME
    xROME Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    stmokomoko wrote: »
    Then don't restrict yourself to "breakfast foods".

Eat pork tenderloin and a baked potato if you like. I'm sure your body won't know that it's not actually ham/bacon and hash browns.

This.

In most cultures, eating outside the stereotypical lineup of 'breakfast foods' is completely normal!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Soup is one of my favorite breakfasts or I like veggie burgers (make and freeze both on weekends so it's easier during the week).
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    crepes. try crepes.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/skinny-breakfast-recipes.html

one of the blog with lots and lost of delicious breakfast recipes..
    want more, u can look for other recipes via pinterest as well..
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    oh.. and dont forget recipes from myfitnesspal itself as well..

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/category/eat/recipes/breakfast/
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    do you eat flour tortillas? I love a cheese wrap in the morning with or without egg and meat. quick and easy to warm the tortilla in the microwave and add whatever you want inside.
    if no tortilla then how about smoothies? I eat these every sing morning and love them. I just use banana, milk, oj, kale, frozen fruit and some yogurt.
    how about cereal? left overs from last night? omelettes??
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly, but a quest cookie dough protein bar in the microwave for 15 seconds. Yummmm.....
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Frittata (crustless quiche basically), filled with whatever you want, I like an egg white and veg with keilbasa version to keep calories down and I get 4 good size portions I can package and run out the door with. But like @stmokomoko and @xROME said whatever you want. Tasty leftovers make tasty breakfast. :smiley:
    I get sick of eating foods for too long, I'm just now getting back into being ok with boiled eggs, so I get what you mean.
  • miryamch420
    miryamch420 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I always have oatmeal topped with a fruit. The fruit is always different though, depending I what exciting things my local supermarket has that week. This week it's mango and pineapple. It's a good week :-)