Trufix or Herbalife

Options
I been using trufix which I love it controls my appetite and I been successful.. Downfall is it has caffeine so I have to lower my coffee intake and I love my coffee and espresso.. I was thinking of checking out herbalife...any advice???

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I'd skip both of them.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Why not just drink the coffee and do a way with all the gimmicky pills? That's all this stuff is and use your money to buy yummy coffee instead.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    C. None of the above...unless you plan on taking them for life, since neither teaches you anything for the long-term about portion control and nutrition once you stop taking them.

Not to mention the nutritional inferiority and considerably unnecessary price....
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of drinking coffee so much better.
  • soulofgrace
    soulofgrace Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Honestly? I'd skip both of them.

Seconded.

Eat more protein and fat, or large amounts of veggies if you have trouble controling your appetite.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Neither.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Another vote for neither.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Just send me your money instead. You'll see the same results but I won't annoy you by constantly asking for more.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Advice? Save your money. Those things are just marketing ploys to make money by promising a quick fix. If it's the caffeine that's helping suppress your appetite and you love coffee and espresso, I'd say stick with the coffee and espresso. You like them and you're probably ok with drinking them the rest of your life. If you're worried about calories, learn to plan it into your day.

Other advice? Never start a diet plan you wouldn't be comfortable using for the rest of your life. Taking elements of one to apply to your eating habits works for some people, but if you're going to count on pills or a specific diet to lose weight, as soon as you stop, the weight comes back. Focus on retraining your body and brain to what an actual portion of food is and learn to adjust your eating habits accordingly. That will serve you far better and for much longer than diet pills.
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    SaintGiff wrote: »
    Just send me your money instead. You'll see the same results but I won't annoy you by constantly asking for more.

This seems like a more sensible plan all around. At least it's just a one-time expense, and you can go back to drinking your coffee as soon as you cut the check!
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Please Google "Liver toxicity" and "Herbalife" before you make that call, OP. (Though I can't imagine Trufix is any better)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Neither of the above. Eat a balanced diet which keeps you in a moderate caloric deficit, that's all you need. Mix in some exercise for general health/fitness purposes. Don't be ripped off by the diet industry scams.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Had to chime in with another neither!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,131 Member
    Options
    Neither. You don't need either to lose weight.
  • lejilluk
    lejilluk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I remember being curious enough to go see Herbalife about selling the product...never heard of it before then, walked out half way through, it's a pyramid scheme selling pseudoscience based products to people desperate to shed some pounds. It's nothing more than a placebo.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    If you want a protein shake, go to walmart or target and save yourself a couple of million dollars.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Another vote for neither.

Why do you feel you need either one of them?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why not just drink coffee and skip the other?
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Neither. Enjoy your coffee and save your money.
  • Texeira11
    Texeira11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I been using Herbalife since July and i have lost 36lb so far and i love it.. And being diabetic my a1c have drop to healthy levels