Starting Over

Options
I was on here several years ago and did really well. I was in the best shape of my entire life. I promised myself that this was my new way of life and nothing would change that.... Somehow it did and I gained the weight back. I am starting over and want to me health again. Looking for people to keep me motivated (and I will do the same). Thanks! Rebecca

Replies

• mjh4cwh1
    mjh4cwh1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same thing! I want to get my healthy self back too!
  • AmberDancer1
    AmberDancer1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was on MyFitness Pal a couple of years ago and got myself on a good track as well. I somehow let that go, and the pounds crept back on. Within the past couple of months I have gained weight incredibly fast, I'm sure having a lot to do with my new medication for anxiety, stress load at work, and my metabolism slowing down. I would love to find people to help me stay motivated to get into awesome shape.
  • jkwpdx
    jkwpdx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies...I am almost to 1000 days on MFP, it has been a journey of ups, downs, injuries, surgeries, weight loss and lots of plateaus. I would love to be friends and motivators with you all...I'm still chipping away at it too.
  • Diana0510
    Diana0510 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat, I was doing really well I lost 5% of body fat gained tons of muscle... then some family issues happened, then school had me stressed... next thing I know I gained the weight back (not all the fat, but some) and another 10lbs.... that made me even MORE stressed out.
    I don't understand how one can work so hard to lose the weight, but let your guard down and there it all is again with a few friends.
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    jkwpdx wrote: »
    Hi ladies...I am almost to 1000 days on MFP, it has been a journey of ups, downs, injuries, surgeries, weight loss and lots of plateaus. I would love to be friends and motivators with you all...I'm still chipping away at it too.

1000 days! That's awesome. I think I made it to just under a year at the most.

• becca0211
    Options
    Diana0510 wrote: »
    I'm on the same boat, I was doing really well I lost 5% of body fat gained tons of muscle... then some family issues happened, then school had me stressed... next thing I know I gained the weight back (not all the fat, but some) and another 10lbs.... that made me even MORE stressed out.
    I don't understand how one can work so hard to lose the weight, but let your guard down and there it all is again with a few friends.

Exercise was my go to stress reliever for a long time. Not sure how it switch over to snacking, lol. But the weight sure did come back quickly! I made up my mind that I just have to do this, glad I'm not in this alone
  • becca0211
    Options
    kott0031 wrote: »
    I was on MyFitness Pal a couple of years ago and got myself on a good track as well. I somehow let that go, and the pounds crept back on. Within the past couple of months I have gained weight incredibly fast, I'm sure having a lot to do with my new medication for anxiety, stress load at work, and my metabolism slowing down. I would love to find people to help me stay motivated to get into awesome shape.

Medication and stress are awful when it comes to weight loss. Hopefully you can push through it since you recognize what's going on. Glad to help support each other!

• becca0211
    Options
    mjh4cwh1 wrote: »
    I am doing the same thing! I want to get my healthy self back too!

I care about healthy so much more than how much I weight.... Just feeling good again would make me happy. Looking forward to supporting each other!
  • pebbles266
    pebbles266 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • stronger_today
    stronger_today Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I'm always looking for positive people on a similar journey.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Can I ask (and you don't have to answer) but what was it that allowed you to slip back into old habits? Did you lose your focus or unable to sustain the diet/workout because it was so painful?

It's amazing you are back and wishing you all the best! You've done it before and can do it again but I think the biggest key factor in your case will be figuring out best way to maintain it this time.
  • becca0211
    Options
    Good for you! Can I ask (and you don't have to answer) but what was it that allowed you to slip back into old habits? Did you lose your focus or unable to sustain the diet/workout because it was so painful?

It's amazing you are back and wishing you all the best! You've done it before and can do it again but I think the biggest key factor in your case will be figuring out best way to maintain it this time.

The short story is my workout schedule was intense and hard to maintain. Once I wasn't working out the bad eating habits came back slowly. I didn't like to see how that looked in My food diary so I stopped logging instead of making changes. Now that I know what happened I think I can stay on top of things this time!

• piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Bingo! Knowing what went wrong is half the battle. Now you know - this time try to build a more sustainable routine and diet with what your schedule allows for. You got this! GET IT!
  • Phoeebee59
    Phoeebee59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds on mfp and kept it of for most of 2 years. Then we got a puppy who was to small at first to do our 4 mile walks. Am up 10 pounds and trying to get motivated again. Puppy can walk now but freezing outside. In the past we have gone to the gym but now hate to leave her. I know what I need to do but work is a real stress right now. Maybe I will try doing the steps at work. Gotta quit cheating and get back on track.
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I lost 140 lbs on MFP about 5 years ago. Then I gained about of that back over the course of 2 pregnancies. You can get healthy again :smiley:
  • tankgrl74
    tankgrl74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too. Lost a ton of weight here a few years ago and now I'm back. Slightly frustrated but I'm still logging. I wish you complete success. We all can do this! :)
  • pearception
    pearception Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I hate logging. Always have. However when I did it a year and a half ago I lost 30 pounds! Now after being on a less than forgiving medication, I'm back to do it again. Gained it all back plus 10 pounds. Trying to lose 40 pounds now. I am all for friends so please feel free to add me. I'll be your cheerleader if you'll be mine!
  • White_hibiscus
    White_hibiscus Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    jkwpdx wrote: »

Wow..congratulations this is amazing 10000 days.. impressive indeed!!!!
  • MamaBerger23
    MamaBerger23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    becca0211 wrote: »
    I was on here several years ago and did really well. I was in the best shape of my entire life. I promised myself that this was my new way of life and nothing would change that.... Somehow it did and I gained the weight back. I am starting over and want to me health again. Looking for people to keep me motivated (and I will do the same). Thanks! Rebecca

I just sent you a buddy invite!! I had my first baby back in September so I'm still about 10lbs from my goal weight. Really trying on hone in on my nutrition this month!! Happy to hold each other accountable and be a cheerleader!! Let's do this!! ☺️
  • ShrinkingScientist
    Options
    Years ago I lost 85 lbs, was in good shape. Then I started graduate school... and gained a ton of weight, that I'm working on losing. Please feel free to add me. :)