30 Day Shred -- Do you do it every single day?

Options
Hey all,

This might be a dumb question, but I'm just starting Jillian's 30 Day Shred and it doesn't really say in the video whether or not "30 Day" means "every day for 30 days" or not. I did a Google search to see what other people are doing and some say they do it every day, while others say they only do it 2 - 3 times a week.

How often do you do it? I've done my first 2 days back to back...should I keep going and do it every day, or take a rest day or two? I'm thinking that since it's only 20 minutes (even though it's 20 really HARD minutes) that it's probably okay to do it every day, but I wanted to check and see what others are doing first...

I'm doing a run/walk program 4 - 6 days a week (30 - 40 minutes of a walk/run combo) in addition to doing the 30 Day Shred too, in case that changes your answer. :)

Thanks much!

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    BUMP. I heard it was 6 days on one day off.? You've got to rest somewhere in there right?
  • dcladydi
    dcladydi Posts: 95
    Options
    I just started today and I was under the assumption that it is to be done everyday for 30 days. I also do 60 minutes cardio at the gym 4-5/week.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I try and do it everyday, unless my body REALLY needs a break from exercising.
  • threekidsforme
    threekidsforme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it and only do it 5 days a week. I like my weekends with the family so I chose to take those days off. It still works and I am LOVING the results!! Good luck!!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I would suggest taking one day off a week, but to each their own!
  • drivelerq
    drivelerq Posts: 9
    Options
    My little sis and I are doing it (today is day 9) and we do it every day.....I don't think I dare stop even for ne day....may never get started again. I think it would be way harder for me if I did n;t do it every day....BTW day 9 seemd much easier than day 2....hang in there!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I started it back in March!! Due to illness and injuries, I am still only about half way through it! I don't think there is a set schedule you must follow!!! I aim for every other day since I do other classes and forms of exercise. As long as you do it you can't go wrong!!!!!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I try to do it everyday as well. I did it for 8 days and then got sick so I had to take a break for 2 days and then got right back on it and did it everyday since then. I'm on day 16! It's really up to you, if you really feel like your in a lot of pain and your body needs to take a break, then take a day off but if you feel like you can push through it, I would try to do it everyday!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    im doing it every day, just missed yesterday because was at graduation all day so i didnt have time to do it.
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I did it for 30 days straight. Mainly because it is a short workout. A lot of people take a day off during the week though...I guess it's a matter of preference.
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    I'm doing it every day for the following reason.
    It's a 30 day program, promising "dramatic results" in 30 days.
    If I were on a 30 day diet of some kind, I wouldn't follow the diet for three days and then do nothing for three days and then go back on the diet.
    But............that's me. :-)
    Jillian Michaels is NOT going to come knocking on my door to see if I did butt kicks today! LOL
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    That all makes sense...thanks, everyone!! :)
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am doing it every day so far. But I am going out of town next week and not sure if I will get it done every day, but I will try. Like someone else said, JM isn't going to bust in the door and yell at you, so I would try to do it every day if you aren't in pain or injured, and rest if you feel you need it.
    I am pleased with my results so far and its only been 1 week. I lost an inch off my waist already!
  • Ohiopugmom
    Ohiopugmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    been doing it everyday. Like mentioned before, I am afraid I won't start again if I stop. Trying to make it a part of my daily routine....
  • maisiemum
    maisiemum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    im on day 3 today and im doing it everyday... so far i find it ok so ive increased my weights to 2kg ones...im planning on doing 10 days level 1, next 10 days level 2 and the last 10 days level 3 xx
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30DS right now. I have done it faithfully every day. I have 9 days left and then I'll probably take a couple days off. I've lost 19 lbs so far though. It's only 20 minutes a day. If you don't really do anything else you should be fine. I sometimes go for a swift walk for 30 minutes or I do Jillian Michaels' 6week6pack a couple times a week. My goal was to lose 25 by the end of the summer and I have a feeling I'll lose 25 by the end of the 30DS.

I think it depends on you and how your body takes it. There have been a few times I've felt a little run down. When that happens I just do the 30DS video and I make sure I try and get 9 hours of sleep. I also drink between 18-25 glasses of water a day. I'll drink a propel zero right after the work out to give me that little extra boost.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I do the 30 Day Shred five days a week. I try to do other stuff as well. I have her Ripped in 30, and on there she suggests a day of rest