Newly diagnosed with Hashimoto's

Options

I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease, along with vitamin D deficiency. I am starting synthroid tomorrow. I also got prescribed high dose vitamin D and a lasik to get some of the minimum of 15 pounds of fluid I have put on over the past few months. I am on a medically recommended gluten free diet. I have had hives all over my face, but since going GF, the hives are almost completely gone. I lift weights often and can lift 50 pounds over my head, but I am struggling to do 20. No matter how much I sleep, I'm always wiped out and everything on my body hurts. I wake up every night around 1AM because I'm in so much pain, specifically in my hands. My hands consistently go numb. I have lost a lot of hair. I clog the drain every day. When I run my fingers through my hair, it is very obvious that my hair has thinned out.

Looking for some new friends with Hashimoto's or hypothyroidism (or even any other autoimmune disease) for support.

Replies

• llasky1
    llasky1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have hypothyroism too. Not extreme but definitely fatigued, cold hands and feet, and I'm thinking it's causing hormone imbalance. Saw a doctor today and am taking natural thyroid medicine so we will see. Haven't talked diet with him yet but I've seen a lot about gluten free helping. Was it hard to transition?