can u have lower cals the day after if u go over the day bef

Options
ooops by the end of tday i wil ov gone over my cals by 100- as we are having a take away for fathers day- i didnt use all my cals yesterday- will this even it out- or could i knock 100 cals of my amout for tmoz to even it out that way?

Replies

• LaughingStraightToDaBank
    Options
    Just go back to your normal diet. It should be fine, but working off those 100 calories would be beneficial too.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    going over by 100 isn't a big deal because you still have a 300-400 calorie deficit anyway. so don't worry
  • vcktyrr
    vcktyrr Posts: 27
    Options
    ye i was finking ov maybe working them off- but we are only having our take away tnite and wil be too late to doanything by then0 do u fink if i go for a run tmoz it mite help burn some of it off
  • vcktyrr
    Options
    wat do mean by 300-400 deficiate? i have just started this plan
  • KJ7777
    KJ7777 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I take each day as it comes. If i go over one day i go over, i dont think about it the next day, as at the end of the day for me its my new life style & i dont expect to beat myself up for going over on one day. It all evens itself up at the end of the day anyway. Everyones different though :)
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    you'll have a deficit as mfp works out your daily calorie goal with a 500cals per day deficit already. (500 cals x 7 days is a 1lb loss)
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    you'll have a deficit as mfp works out your daily calorie goal with a 500cals per day deficit already. (500 cals x 7 days is a 1lb loss)
    Yes, when MFP figures your BMR, that number of calories is what it takes just to keep you alive. For me it's 2068 per day. To lose 2 pounds a week it tells me to eat 1790 calories. If I eat 2000 calories per day, I am over my goal by 210 calories but still under what I need to survive by 68 so in theory, I'll still lose weight albeit very slowly.
  • vcktyrr
    Options
    ok i fink il jus enjoy my take away- and jus make sure i dont go over again for the rest of the week- like u say its only 100cals- not loads