5'4 weighing 192

Options
I'm trying to get down to my goal weight between 170-160 the. then tone up!

Replies

• biggzzj21
    biggzzj21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stay consistent in the gym doing any kind of cardio for at least 30 minutes 4-5 times a week ,If it gets easy slowly crank up the intensity of the cardio. Diet wise just be In a caloric deficit don't overdue it on the carbs and fats and you'll hit your goal in no time ! I say 2-3 months tops . Good luck !
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily agree with the above, yes exercise can aid weight loss but I've lost thirty pounds without a gym membership and I think exercise should be an added extra, it shouldn't be relied upon. I'm sure I've read on here before that it should be 80% what goes in your mouth and 20% exercise. A mixture of cardio and weights is generally considered the ideal. For diet, doesn't really matter what you eat as it ultimately boils down to calories in calories out - consistently eat less than what your body needs and you will lose weight. Whilst eating those calories in pizza may not be the most healthy or filling method, you would still lose weight. I eat chocolate every day, I just fit it into the calorie goal that mfp has set me. Find what foods work best for you and keep you full so you can stay on target.
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Exercise is good for health & wellbeing but not totally necessary for weight loss. It comes down to calories in calories out. Eat less than you burn & you will lose. Weigh all your food, pick correct entries in the food log. Don't expect to lose fast, better to lose slow & learn how to sustain this for a long time.
    Nothing wrong with working treats into your calorie budget as well
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    sandrasave wrote: »

I have the same stats as you, and I'm doing strength training 3 days a week (upper and lower split) and cardio 2-3 days. I have found that lifting has really made me look smaller than I actually look according to my weight. Plus I'm actually growing a bum! I'm not too concerned with my weight on the scale, more so how I look. I would highly recommend weight training while your losing weight, you'll be glad you did!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Been there! I'm 5'2. At my top weight I was 220lbs. I'm 161 today. For me it was a slow process trying to find balance between eating and exercise. At first I was exercising to death (2-3hrs a day) then eating anything. Then I tried to eat almost nothing. Not I just know to eat at a deficit. As long as I have a 100 calorie deficit, it's a good day!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Kilika735 wrote: »
    sandrasave wrote: »

I have the same stats as you, and I'm doing strength training 3 days a week (upper and lower split) and cardio 2-3 days. I have found that lifting has really made me look smaller than I actually look according to my weight. Plus I'm actually growing a bum! I'm not too concerned with my weight on the scale, more so how I look. I would highly recommend weight training while your losing weight, you'll be glad you did!
    ^^ This