Mixed Blessing NSV

Options
srp2011
srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
I went to get dressed for dinner tonight and discovered one of my favorite go-to skirts doesn't fit anymore, and then a pair of capris hung off me - clearly I am going to need some new clothes soon. I'm happy that my old clothes are getting loose, but I was hoping to get down a little lower before I invest in a new wardrobe because my goal weight will be at least a size lower than where I'm at now - I also don't want to buy a bunch of summer clothes which won't fit by next summer. How have other people handled this transition stage?

Replies

• michy_mimi
    Options
    Buy a belt. :)
  • ajfranzen77
    ajfranzen77 Posts: 118
    Options
    Try good will or a second hand store and just get a few things to hold you until your down to your goal. Then give yourself a big shopping spree!!
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    Sale rack, Goodwill Store, TJMaxx/Marshall's, consignment stores, yard sales.....anything that is cheap to help you get through!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Having the same "problem"- 'Tis the season to garage sale FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm not buying any jeans for now. Just sticking to elastic waist pants; those are more forgiving, although they too need to be thrown out eventually :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    A couple ways...

You're lucky in that you're hitting this point during garage sale season. Also, Goodwill, Freecycle, resale shops, etc.

If the pants have belt loops - buy a belt.
    Now that I have decided I am done losing and in maintenance - I have decided to use the money I earn babysitting on Saturdays to buy clothes. I don't figure this money into my budget, so I won't miss it anyway. It is extra.

I have on a pair of size 10 shorts today - with my belt on the last hole. They are falling off me.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'd use my sewing machine or needle and thread and sew smaller seams on what i could to make things fit longer.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, everyone! I think I will hit some clearance sales and some consignment stores to get a few things to see me through - hopefully by the time fall lines come out I'll be in the right size range that I can really stock up :-)
  • barwwd
    barwwd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Agree with all of the above... and I just bought a few outfits and try not to wear the same ones around the same people too often! Ha ha. There is currently only one pair of jeans in my closet, but since [hopefully] they won't fit me for too long, I'll just have to wear them out in a few months! :-D CONGRATS and hooray for thinning waistlines and closets!!
  • widmar
    widmar Posts: 72
    Options
    Try good will or a second hand store and just get a few things to hold you until your down to your goal. Then give yourself a big shopping spree!!

I totally agree with this. This is what I do! It's cheap and you can find some really cute name-brand things. Great for growing kids also!!
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My friends and I that have started this journey together are of varying sizes and we are passing around our old clothes as we drop to the size. We're also yard saling when needed and of course the thrift store but for now we are getting by with hand me downs :)
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Sale rack, Goodwill Store, TJMaxx/Marshall's, consignment stores, yard sales.....anything that is cheap to help you get through!

Yep, that. :-)

BTW, congrats on the loss!! You're doing great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!