Helpful opinions needed....

I have several exercise dvd s. Which would be better, stick with 1 or 2 for a week or 2, or alternate a different 1 each week? I have several of each, cardio, yoga, and strength training.

Replies

• Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Whelp I'm not a big fan of Yoga so I wouldn't bother with that myself. So I'd alternate between the cardio and strength training DVD's and then do a Yoga once as a stretch/recovery day.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    You can change up the cardio to alleviate boredom, but i'd follow a strength program for a while, so you can focus on improving your form and increasing the weight you use. :+1:
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    I would commit to one. Complete the program. Then move on. I get more bang for my buck with compound lifts and cardio circuits.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Do one, smash it, feel great about your accomplishment, do the next one!!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    I try to finish them. But after 2 months of body beast, I switched back to cardio for a break before I finish the final month. I tried 30 Day shred and it hurt my knees so stopped after a week. I've started XTFMax which is a 90 day program with cardio and weights and hope I like it as much as T25.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    3 weeks strength, 1 week cardio....repeat. :)
  • ljcreekmore
    ljcreekmore Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks for all the thoughts and comments.
  • sophie415mfp
    sophie415mfp Posts: 2 Member
    I would mix them up each week or you will end up getting bored! I have both of the Charlotte Crosby DVDs and David haye box and tone and mix them up and love it! Good luck x
  • ljcreekmore
    ljcreekmore Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks, sophie. Boredom is a big problem. So i have been just mixing them up, but at the same time trying to follow a routine for weight lifting.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Yeah, I'd follow a routine for the weightlifting and do yoga at least twice a week if you're going to do yoga. The cardio can be mixed up to make it more enjoyable.

You can do different yoga routines, too, if you get bored. But you don't want to wait too long in between yoga sessions or it's not really going to work for what yoga is for. Short practices every day or every other day are really great, too! Don't think you need to spend an hour doing yoga if you don't want to for whatever reason.