pedometer app?

Options
Can anyone reccomend a good pediometer app for my phone?

Replies

• Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Im using Accu-TE from Android Market. It seems pretty accurate and there are multiple different settings to calibrate it correctly:)
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    I use endomondo - it's free and covers lots of different sports.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Checkout cardio trainer app
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I've tried a few but I haven't found one I liked very much. Try Runkeeper. I think that was it. Uses GPS and I believe has a heart rate monitor as well
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Im using Accu-TE from Android Market. It seems pretty accurate and there are multiple different settings to calibrate it correctly:)

I just looked at this one and it says it has a 2000 step maximum. Is that true?
  • ksr5000
    ksr5000 Posts: 19
    Options
    runkeeper and imapmyrun (i think there's an imapmywalk as well) both use gps and I've liked both. They also both have a website that the app syncs too
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I personally use SportyPal, because it also has an online system that lets you see a map of where you ran, put in routes if you didn't have your phone with you, and it's nice to see progress. I've used it on Android and BlackBerry, but not any i-Brands.
  • RDTaylor13
    RDTaylor13 Posts: 160
    Options
    I've tried a few different iPhone pedometer apps, and haven't found one thats reliable, or accurate. most of them flucuated by 500+ steps, when I walked the same route, at the same pace. even though they were all calibrated before using them for a workout. my suggestion is to check out the reviews in the app store, find the ones you think will work and try them out.... also, ignore the suggestions of anyone posting suggested android apps (for obvious reasons)
  • vscarter
    vscarter Posts: 1
    Options
    The itreadmill app, is really a great app, it is about .99 from the app store.:
  • barwwd
    barwwd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We use jog tracker on Android. You put in your activity before you start (running, bicycling, ect) and it tracks your run on a google map and gives you stats like pace, distance, ect. Great for entering in MFP. You can also link it to Facebook if you want all your friends to know exactly what your up to. My fiance likes that feature.
  • Cheeve
    Cheeve Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm using Cardiotrainer Pro. I love this app
  • FabOma08
    Options
    I've tried a few different iPhone pedometer apps, and haven't found one thats reliable, or accurate. most of them flucuated by 500+ steps, when I walked the same route, at the same pace. even though they were all calibrated before using them for a workout. my suggestion is to check out the reviews in the app store, find the ones you think will work and try them out.... also, ignore the suggestions of anyone posting suggested android apps (for obvious reasons)

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but what are the "obvious reasons"? Many of us have smart phones that are NOT iphones therefore cannot use iphone apps. I did not see the original question mentioning an iphone.
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I like Endomondo, I use it for walking/running and cycling.

I question the accuracy sometimes compared to using my Garmin, but it's pretty close.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

I just looked at this one and it says it has a 2000 step maximum. Is that true?

No deffinatly not....Not sure about why it would say that?
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It looks like the 2000 step max on accupedo is the free trial version
  • Kerseygeek
    Kerseygeek Posts: 225
    Options
    I use the AccuPedo which is the full version of the one you guys are mentioning that only goes to 2000 steps. That one is just the trial version. It's worth it to just go ahead and get the full version. It's a great app and is pretty accurate. I counted my steps and then compared them to the app and was only 1-3 steps off. It has a pause feature and charts your progress. My only problem is that I rarely wear clothes with pockets around the house so I don't use it as much as I should. I need to get me a phone case that hooks onto my pants.
  • sandflies1
    sandflies1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi xsiouher do you think it will help? I am in healthcare too. We have a few fraudulent cases. And that was somehow utilized thru our app. So do you think it will work?
  • MrDarsy
    MrDarsy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nobody can tell you right from the start what will work and what will not, unfortunately. For this to happen we must get a full picture of your healthcare project, that is impossible without confidentiality breech. So it looks like you have to browse through machine learning solutions for the healthcare industry on your own and see how to tackle these fraudulent cases.