Hey ....app newbie....

Options
pussykate
pussykate Posts: 4 Member
edited February 2016 in Getting Started
Ima newbie to this app and trying to figure out the food diary,as well as everything else mainly how the hell do you work out servings??sarnis,toast etc?? Doh!!!! Please Helllllllp

Replies

• runsonrabbitfood
    runsonrabbitfood Posts: 89 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I *think* I understand your question.

If you're eating anything that is packaged, try using the barcode scanner when you add a food to your diary. Different serving sizes will pop up as a drop-down menu that you can choose from such as 1 can, 1 container, 1 cookie, etc. Then you can select a portion of that - 1/2 can, 1/2 container, 5 cookies, etc.

If you're trying to log something that is not so packaged such as vegetables or fruits, the most accurate way would be to use a food scale and log your food that way. If you do not have a food scale, or are uncomfortable using one for any reason, you can often find food with portions measured in volume such as cups.

Best way to add food to your log (in my opinion) is to measure everything in it's raw form. So measure toast as 2 pieces of bread in your example. Weigh your veggies (or measure them) before you cook them. If you're eating out, search the database for whatever place you're at and/or what you're eating. If it's there, awesome! If not, add it to the database yourself if you have the nutritional information. If all fails, guesstimate it to the best of your ability.

Hope that helps?
  • pussykate
    pussykate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thankyou most appreciated this helps a lot .... I think after checking the app out throughout the day I'm starting to find my way around it ....slowly but surely atleast I havnt scrapped the idea.... my personal trainer advised I downloaded the app so here I am will give it the benefit of the doubt lol..... Thanks again