Help with an hcg diet question

Options
I just started the hcg diet about 4-5 days ago. I have read the guidelines and everything about the foods you should and shouldn't eat. But I am curious, as long as I only consume 500 calories a day, can I eat whatever I want?

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I dont necessarily agree with your diet but since my mom manages a clinic that does prescribe it... YES IT MATTERS. If you dont eat within the guidelines you wont lose as efficiently and you also risk making yourself increadibly sick
  • Taishon
    Taishon Posts: 2
    Options
    You must eat 500-530 calories a day of two fruits, two veggies, and two proteins and lots of water. Your diet should have came with instructions.
  • Hopeinanguish
    Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My sermon: There is no such thing as easy, effortless weight loss. Every time I hear about someone doing something awful like this to their body, it makes me sad for them because I know that all it's going to do is make their journey longer. :(

Anyway, yes, if you're consuming so few calories, you had better be real careful what you put in your mouth. This could be a very damaging thing otherwise. :(
  • jenell1
    jenell1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Please dont comment on something that you know nothing about! I was always skinny growing up and into adulthood but when I had my two children I put on twenty pounds and through diet and excercise I was only able to loose 5 pounds. I did the HCG diet and it was neither EASY nor EFFORTLESS! It took alot of HARD WORK,DEDICATION and DISCIPLINE! I lost fifteen pounds in three weeks. Then after that another three weeks of maintenance. My husband and I have lot a total of 30 pounds because of HCG and we are more active excercising regularly and maintaining our weight loss.
  • apfeiff
    apfeiff Posts: 39
    Options
    I understand the HCG is a controversial diet but I did it myself and it was a lifesaver. Is it the best choice? Probably not. But I tried the healthy ways of losing weight and there was always something blocking me from success. I had given up. This diet has taught me a lot about myself, and about food. I have been able to keep the weight off (it has been 6 months) with the way I have changed my eating habits.

To answer your question, yes it matters what you eat. It is not easy but if you want it to work then follow those guidelines as best as you can. One thing I couldn't do is the lack of applying lotion- I did it but my hands suffered for so long afterwards! Next time I would put lotion on my hands only, since I wash them so much at my job they get very dry! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
  • Hopeinanguish
    Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Please dont comment on something that you know nothing about! I was always skinny growing up and into adulthood but when I had my two children I put on twenty pounds and through diet and excercise I was only able to loose 5 pounds. I did the HCG diet and it was neither EASY nor EFFORTLESS! It took alot of HARD WORK,DEDICATION and DISCIPLINE! I lost fifteen pounds in three weeks. Then after that another three weeks of maintenance. My husband and I have lot a total of 30 pounds because of HCG and we are more active excercising regularly and maintaining our weight loss.

Sounds to me like you got impatient. Those last few pounds (when you're close to your goal weight) tend to take a while to come off if you're doing it the right way. Eating 500 calories a day is not only stupid, but dangerous. I know plenty about that dangerous diet, thank you. Through personal research and experiences of family and friends who wanted to take a shortcut, I've learned it's a terrible thing to do to your body. Does that mean it never works? No, I didn't say that. However, taking that route to try to lose is damaging in the long term, especially psychologically. If you never learn how to lose the right way, you're setting yourself up for more poor choices when it comes to your health. HCG is bs. No shortcuts!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am on the HCG diet through a doctor and it's the healthiest I have ever eaten. Yes it it 500 calories or so, but I am eating more fruits and vegetables in one day than I used to eat in a month! Also through my doctor I am on supplements and am monitored weekly. So I feel very safe about it. It is definitely NOT easy. I struggle every day with temptation and wanting to just blow it all. However the progress I am seeing is wonderful and just what I need to be healthy. I started out at 376 pounds, so this definitely is not about being impatient or just wanting to lose those last 1
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    ugh, hit enter before i was done...
    it's not about being impatient or wanting to lose those last 10 pounds. It's about saving my life. And believe me I know all about every diet out there and what is healthy and what is not.

Like another post said, don't post about something you don't know about or just to put someone down for their decision. This person asked for help, not to be condemned.

Yes you should eat 2 LEAN proteins, 2 vegetables from the hcg list, and 2 fruits from the list. Eating whatever you want will not work. You need to be in ketosis for the best results. I really think to be successful on hcg, you should do the program with the supervision of a doctor, keep food logs, and get the necessary supplements.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Like another post said, don't post about something you don't know about or just to put someone down for their decision. This person asked for help, not to be condemned.

Exactly. Thank you.
  • Taishon
    Taishon Posts: 2
    Options
    congrats!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    How about not and actually do things the right way?