a little tip :)

Options
i'm finding that one way to make this journey a lot easier is to make other improvements at the same time as your weight loss. get a teeth whitening kit, get a tan, dye your hair, buy new make-up, etc. as all the improvements come together, you'll have even more motivation to lose the weight and to look great! it has definitely been working for me :)

Replies

• Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    definately agree with you!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Totally!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    All of my "rewards" follow this mindset.

I'm doing this weight loss thing for me - so my rewards are also for me.

Spray tan before a big event if I make the goal weight, mani/pedi, massage, new make-up, new clothes, etc. I like to spoil myself so I have at least something small set for every 5 pounds :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! I've gone clothes shopping, bought new make-up..just enjoying the new me :wink:
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree. I know since I am home with my kids and also a full time student there alot of days I am tempted to stay in comfy sweats. I would also suggest no matter what try to get dressed in clothes that feel nice (like if you were going to leave the house) by a cute necklace, keep your nails done even if you just do them yourself (like me) the over all package will help you feel good and motivated

GREAT TIP!!!!!!!! tHANKS FOR SHARING
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thanks 4 the Insight ! I love Tanning!:smile:
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Indeed! Last weekend I went to the thrift store- I got a pair of Levi 550's in my current size for $1.99 - and a pair of Ralph Lauren Jeans one size lower for $2.99 !!! They both fit, but the Lauren's will fit much more comfortably after I lose the next 5 pounds. Getting a tan does wonders too for my outlook toward reaching my goals!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    lol, i cant really see myself with a tan, white teeth or even make-up :laugh:
  • jenellelastchance
    Options
    yeah i think so too!! i am making a change to start putting myself on my lists of to dos and my weight loss is just part of that. Since i started i have cut and colored my hair and me and my girls (2 and 5) sit down on friday nights and do mani pedi night haha they love it! And i guess soon i will get a tan also because after some weight loss i wont have to live in jeans and a hoodie haha