Beach body 21 day fix

Options
I'm about to order beach body's 21 day fix. Wondering if anyone has tried it.. I'd like some feedback!

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Way too overpriced.

Why no just follow MFP which is free?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The expensive Tupperware containers or the workouts? I wouldn't waste my money on the tupperware, instead buy a food scale, but I've heard people really enjoy the workouts.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Don't pay for overpriced Tupperware - Google the amounts per container, go to any "coach"'s website, and figure out your daily containers for free.

Having said all that, I have definitely lost weight with the portion control piece of 21DF. I like the structure - I tend to be a disaster with an IIFYM approach (eat all the things!!!), and the concept of the containers helps me to eat much more healthily than I would otherwise (even if I don't use the exact BeachBody brand containers).

Standard disclaimer: I am not a "coach", nor do I drink Shake-whatever.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I had a co-irker who tried it, she didn't lose any weight.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Heh...

Co-irker. :smile:

I will steal this.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    MFP is free, give a month and you will pleasantly surprised. Buy a food scale with your money.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I just completed 21 day fix and did not do the doubles option. The workouts are great and challenging! I love all the days except "yoga fix" day. The lower fix is probably the hardest workout on the DVDs. The containers are really crappy and confusing and I don't use them or follow the calorie intake they have in the book as it is too many I feel. I log through my fitness pal and eat less than what the book says to eat. I have lost weight but not the 15 pounds they claim. I have only lost 7 pounds and 5 of those I lost doing this program. I start round 2 on Monday.
  • seiffertrk
    seiffertrk Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    MFP is free, give a month and you will pleasantly surprised. Buy a food scale with your money.

This is good advice.

I have enjoyed some beach body workouts, although I have not tried 21DF. I recently noticed beach body offers unlimited streaming of all their stuff for a monthly fee via their website. I don't recall the price. Perhaps you can get the scale and the workouts!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

Heh...

Co-irker. :smile:

I will steal this.

:D

• angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    all i know is someone tried finding the Beach body 21 day fix book at my job (barnes and noble) and we do not carry it. obviously! haha it looks like it's a whole kit.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen of Autumn's workouts on YouTube, she's a solid trainer. I've not done 21DF but I do like her YouTube workouts and I'm sure her workouts for 21DF are good. I recommend using a foodscale in place of the containers.
  • k2mexox
    k2mexox Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I ordered it just for the workout dvd. I have my food scale and Mfp for the nutrition portion. So far I like the DVDs but bavent done each workout yet due to being sick and my schedule.
  • sandralmcgeough
    sandralmcgeough Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this program! Just restarted it on Monday. It's so easy to follow and the workouts are just 30 minutes!! I am a coach for them and have done most of their programs, so if you have any questions feel free to reach out
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If you are already small/close to goal weight, it's entirely possible to eat at or over maintenance using the container system. The workouts are excellent, and the nutritional component is okay if you're a. really big with a lot of weight to lose and b. totally clueless about nutrition, but it's nothing magic and you get a lot more flexibility and control using a tracking system like MFP. Which is also free.

It's also very hard to cook or eat out on 21 day fix's meal plan, which might be fine for 21 days, but is not something most people can do forever. You'll have to learn how to do some form of CICO to maintain any results you see when your 3 weeks are up- why not save the money and start now?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this program! Just restarted it on Monday. It's so easy to follow and the workouts are just 30 minutes!! I am a coach for them and have done most of their programs, so if you have any questions feel free to reach out

If it's so good why did you need to 'restart' it

did it not teach you how to maintain?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I'd be much more impressed if you hadn't had to restart it.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

what does being a "coach" entail?
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do anything to sign up as a BeachBody Coach. You don't even have to have actually used the program itself - so watch out for those guys. They will try to sign you up as a coach as well; they get bonuses for this similar to what would happen in a pyramid scheme.

BUT - I loved the workouts. Definitely give those a try, but IMO, dump the diet side of it.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

If it's so good why did you need to 'restart' it

did it not teach you how to maintain?

I feel like no matter how many threads are started like this and no matter how many times this question is asked no answer is ever given!!! Please someone answer it - Why do you need to RESTART something?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

The bolded is all anyone needs to know.

Of course someone selling it is going to "LOVE this program!"

Ugh, I hope people are smart enough to see through the lies.