MEAT QUESTION

leomom72
leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
so, aside from it being fathers day ( happy day to you all out there:drinker: ) it is also my sons birthday..he has decided he wants to go to a restaurant tonight, that has no nutrition facts, as it is a local place, and not sure if it may be a small chain around this state, etc..anywho, i downloaded their menu and was looking thru it, and decided prime rib sounds good, but i have no clue as to generic nutritional info..anyone have any clues as to where i may be able to find that kind of info ?? it also comes with 2 sides, and i am opting for broccoli normandy ( broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower ) and something else, not sure what yet..if anyone has ANY clue as to where i could get that info, please, please, PLEASE let me know..thanks, i love you guys, hope you continue to have a wonderful weekend:happy:

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Why don't you bang it into the database here and see what comes up?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    How many ounces of prime rib? You should be able to search the database for "Prime Rib" and it SHOULD bring up different sizes of it.

As for the veggies, I would count them each as a single serving - so, 1 serving of broccoli, 1 serving of carrots, etc - this way you give yourself some leeway if the calories aren't exactly what you think they are).
  • smeklc
    smeklc Posts: 94 Member
    try google seach, "prime rib Calories". I seach that way at times
  • goldninja
    goldninja Posts: 28 Member
    outback has an 8oz that is 450 calories. Use that as a base.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    calories, i dont care about so much, its sodium..but i have checked the data base, and it am always nervous about using other facts when it comes to this..but thanks yall :D
  • nhgirl30
    nhgirl30 Posts: 52 Member
    www.calorieking.com this is my go to website to check everything in MFP database.