Hot bod at 40?? Is it possible?

Options

Replies

• hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    43. Lost 70lb in 2014. I'm happy with my body. I'm 5'5 133lbs.
    My drug of choice is running, planning my first full in September.
  • AndreaWatkins2015
    AndreaWatkins2015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number for sure, I'm 60 and am telling myself that 60 is the new 40 LOL.....
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    wtskinner wrote: »
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    I'm 46, a month away from 47. I feel like I have a hot bod! How you feel is a big part of being sexy-confidence. A year ago I did not have it. I lift heavy 4x/wk (I started with Stronglifts & that was 3x), eat 250-500 calories less than TDEE. I'm 5'2" & went from 137 (Jan. 2015) to 117 now.

There is nothing better than a woman 40+ who thinks she has a hot bod! Fantastic!

I'm not ashamed
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    Damn it, that post makes it seem like I've got an attitude! I had a smiley face after it :-)
  • roth5107
    roth5107 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Hot bod at 48. I would not normally post that, but everyone else put it out there, so why not... feels liberating.
  • karenosman25
    karenosman25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 57 and 5'6" Aussie, feeling pleased with my blitzing efforts in the past 3wks. But trust me its possible to look hot'ish without having access to celebrity programs & $'s. 9 yrs ago I was 85kg's got back to my wedding weight from 33 yrs ago & pre kids weight of 63kg for my 50th. Have been slack over recent yrs and crept back to 75 but am now nearly back to 70kg. Fair enough I have time during the day and have been walkiing/jogging plus a combination btwn 10-16kms per day & then doing a gym + cardio session 5 days a wk alternating muscle groups etc - have a goal of my middles child (sons) wedding at end of Feb.
    Keep going.....
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I have a hot bod at 61, so why not?
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is me! I'm 50!!! Never give upckn6l6e2cdmv.jpeg
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Hi five @SherryTeach. I'm with you there.

Cheers, h.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    For a woman, yes. Look at rhondalynn, middlehaitch, and SherryTeach.
    But, for a guy?
    I used to play soccer in an adult league. Eventually, I graduated (was pushed, really) to the Over-40 league.
    Now, these guys were in really good shape. See, the average, young soccer player probably runs between 4-7 miles per game. So, let's say that, even if they are a little bit lazy, which we probably were, we ran between 3-6 miles a game. That's not jogging. That is sprinting, at least part of the time. You cannot do that unless you are in really good shape.
    Still, when you looked at those guys from the sidelines, in their uniforms and shorts, they looked like Andy Capp characters. Little bellies, skinny legs and no butt. It is just what happens to an old guy, probably because of the drop in testosterone. I don't know. Yes, if you saw them in their suits, during the work week, you would definitely think they looked good and in great condition. But, take away the cut of the suit.........Nah....not so much.
    Maybe more women work harder. Maybe their shape is not so determined by hormones whose levels drop. Couldn't tell you. But I can tell you that a guy over 40 years who is in shape will not look like a young guy.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Should not have posted. Did not realize, when I did, that she was asking about women.
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know lots of people (men and women)my age that look fantastic! It takes dedication (working out)and a good nutrition plan! I don't under eat to lose weight!!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    tufel wrote: »
    For a woman, yes. Look at rhondalynn, middlehaitch, and SherryTeach.
    But, for a guy?
    I used to play soccer in an adult league. Eventually, I graduated (was pushed, really) to the Over-40 league.
    Now, these guys were in really good shape. See, the average, young soccer player probably runs between 4-7 miles per game. So, let's say that, even if they are a little bit lazy, which we probably were, we ran between 3-6 miles a game. That's not jogging. That is sprinting, at least part of the time. You cannot do that unless you are in really good shape.
    Still, when you looked at those guys from the sidelines, in their uniforms and shorts, they looked like Andy Capp characters. Little bellies, skinny legs and no butt. It is just what happens to an old guy, probably because of the drop in testosterone. I don't know. Yes, if you saw them in their suits, during the work week, you would definitely think they looked good and in great condition. But, take away the cut of the suit.........Nah....not so much.
    Maybe more women work harder. Maybe their shape is not so determined by hormones whose levels drop. Couldn't tell you. But I can tell you that a guy over 40 years who is in shape will not look like a young guy.

Try being a post menopausal woman and getting a hot bod.
    We have lost our estrogen, so our subcutaneous fat level has dropped, making us scrawny, and we have increased testosterone just enough to develop more visceral fat in our abdomen.

Yes I work hard for 'hot'. Probably twice as hard as you would with a testosterone level for muscle development and retention, even when older, that is way higher than mine.

As we age we all lose muscle because out natural inclination is to slow down. Counteract the natural inclination by exercising and you can have the body and musculature of a younger person.

In my pics I am an unexercised, menopausal, hormone raging, 54yo and a hormone lessened, exercised, 62yo.

@rhondalynn150 love your bod!

Change can happen at any age, you just have to want it enough to make it happen.

Cheers, h.
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    Yeah. Women have to deal with constant interference from hormones. PMS bloating & water weight, pregnancy that moves our pelvic bones and stretches our bodies out of shape, breast feeding and then menopause. Barring health issues I think it's our lifestyles that change as we age. Less free time to concentrate on ourselves. Being a weekend warrior doesn't cut it. Fitness has to become a lifestyle. I work hard at being fit. I didn't when I was 26 and I look better now at 46.324hru5jkur1.jpeg
  • Dula73
    Dula73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

@Sumiblue @rhondalynn150 @middlehaitch
    You all look fantastic! Such inspiration!
    X
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    for sure!, that was one of my best years!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    It is possible. It just takes determination and dedication to achieve your own version of a hot bod.

This is the one I like....

An obvious before and after.

mg0fh0vv9m1l.jpg

And dressed for fun.

uly96bwzfpu2.jpg

I will probably never have a 6 pack, not a goal. But I do enjoy extremely good health, and a fitness level above most of my peers IRL.
    You make your body to please you. Mine pleases me.

Cheers, h.

totally digging the dresses . i have a fetish (well lots of them but wont get in to that here LMAO) for strappy things!

and OP - a huge part of sexiness is CONFIDENCE - regardless of size.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Cant beat a hot 40 year old.....
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, and yes.