how offen do you weigh in?

Options
im so tempted to weight in every day but I know it takes a few days to see real results. Im just so tempted every morning to weigh myself. So how offen do you guys weigh in?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    every day!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Once a week is good!! I had the urge to weigh every day as well and felt more frustrated than anything! So now i just weigh in every Tuesday!
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    once a week.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday.

I am in maintenance now and I want to make sure that I am staying on track. Weighing everyday makes ME feel better. It keeps it real... I suppose. :)

I've also started writing down my weight on a little calendar - that way I can go back and look at it later. :)
  • Spunk0164
    Spunk0164 Posts: 2
    Options
    I try to keep it to once per week. If you have some kind of reminder system (e.g. smart phone alert, paper calendar, etc.), it's very easy to set up on "autopilot" so you don't forget. And it subconsciously (at least for me) removes the urge to weigh in EVERY day since it's something that's a weekly reminder.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    What works for me, to keep me in check, is to weigh in every morning right after getting out of bed and using the bathroom. I weigh myself in just my underwear. Doing this consistently every morning is the only way to get the most consistent readings. There are too many variables throughout the day which will make weight fluctuate anywhere between 2-4 pounds. However, the only weight I record is what I weigh in on Sunday mornings. Do whatever you feel is right for you but please don't become dependent on the numbers. The most accurate way to chart your progress is to take measurements or find a tight pair of pants and try them on once every month. Good luck!
  • sara1995
    sara1995 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    weigh in every day. Helps to keep me on track.
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I weigh in one per week...on the same day at the same time.
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Once a week is good. Some people get discouraged when they weigh in every day and find that they gained a pound or didn't lose much. This will usually dis-rail them from their diet. You will find better results and keep yourself from stressing so much if you weigh in one or twice a week.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice everyday, morning and night.

I don't know why I do it , it's just a habit - I don't record every time I weigh myself but I use it as an indication that i'm on the right track.
  • nikkidziggy9
    Options
    I officially weigh in on Thursdays. I will weigh myself on Monday for a midpoint check in for the week.
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    Every day first thing in the morning and record it on MFP whether it is up or down. Once you get over the initial panic of going up and down, you realise you are in control as the general trend is downwards! Lost 12lbs this way.
  • jld1985
    jld1985 Posts: 1
    Options
    i personally don't weigh myself every day i weigh myself once a week (on sunday) before i eat anything
  • thin4life67
    thin4life67 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Our bodies fluctuate so much from day to day. I would go crazy if I stepped on the scale every day.
  • sjhoffman
    sjhoffman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like to do what bjohs (above) does. I might weigh every day after waking up, but I only record once a week. My eating and exercise calories go up and down during the week, so I think tracking once a week gives a better picture of what I am doing overall.
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i try not to weigh myself more than 3 times a week, because if i weigh myself everyday i don't want to get discouraged. :)
  • mardavlais
    mardavlais Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every day because I like to keep tabs on what's going on. Personally, I find it motivating. However, if I've gone to an event where I was "bad", I usually stay off the scale for a week, tweak my routine (diet & exercise) during that week... by the time I get back on it, I'm back where I was before the fall. :) I also sometimes skip weighing the day after a very hard weight training day - my muscles retain water in recovery... :)
  • BlueDancer
    BlueDancer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Every single day. I am terrified not to because my weight fluctuates so greatly!
  • GraceEMyers
    GraceEMyers Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, however due to changes in water weight ect i only record my weight on MFP once a week.

xx
  • tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning just after I get up.

Terri xx