30 day shred - im confused

Options
Hiya i have a quick question that im totally confuzzled over. Is the 30 day shred just for toning up and muscle? Could it still be used just for weight loss e.g i don't want to tone up too much yet i want to mainly lose weight first, i don't want any muscles. So if anyone could help explain that would be great ;) thanks

Replies

• mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I think it's both. I find it's a great short workout when I'm on a 1200 calorie plan. If I do something else that burns a lot of calories, then it seems to be too much to eat back. Also, I found this workout to have great results for toning for such a short workout. I definitely saw some definition after a couple of weeks. Good luck!
  • rn_jacki
    rn_jacki Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for about a week now. It is essentially circuit training. 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs, repeat. You are going to lose weight quicker by engaging your muscles. It will definitely not 'bulk' you up at all, but muscle burns more fat when you're not working out.

Hope this helps.
  • rockthehourglass
    rockthehourglass Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just finished it. It doesn't build up huge muscles...nothing but hard hard weight training does! And you DO want muscles! Muscles burn more calories and boost your metabolism. 30 Day Shred does have cardio included in it, and it's a really tough sweaty workout. I love it.
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just finished it. It doesn't build up huge muscles...nothing but hard hard weight training does! And you DO want muscles! Muscles burn more calories and boost your metabolism. 30 Day Shred does have cardio included in it, and it's a really tough sweaty workout. I love it.

I agree. Muscle burns more calories than fat so you should tone up, it will help you lose weight faster, plus the video is using very light weights so its not like you will get really bulky.
  • living_4_me
    Options
    Losing weight without building muscle is just silly in my opinion. As people have said, muscle burns more than fat and it's healthy to have a solid lean muscle mass. Skinny fat is the same as fat in my mind! You're not going to turn into a man or look bulky ... but there is nothing better than a little definition in my mind. Trust me, as you find new muscle and firm spots, your moitivation will not be an issue anymore.
  • Chilliaddict
    Chilliaddict Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses. I understand the workout now from what your telling me and i think i may go for it. Thanks :)
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I would agree with everyone else. When I did it the first time I lost 13 lbs and could definatly see me body tone changing. I really enjoy the circuit training aspect of this workout and the fact that it is 27 minutes out of my day is a added bonus.