Weight difference in Fit and Skinny

About 5 years ago, I lost 80 lbs and got down to 140. (I'm 5'9" & female). Now I'm back up to 173 and trying to get my body back. The first time, I lost all my weight from running and diet. This time, I'm doing more HIIT and strength with some running. I was definitely skinny at 140 (for me), but no muscle at all. This time, I want to be fit and strong and smaller. So my question is, what should I expect weight wise? Anyone else close to my height that got fit and smaller? What's your weight? Size? I'd like to be back to a 6. TIA (Hope this question isn't too confusing :)

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    You can be fit at any size really. I am 134 and 5'8. I lift heavy so I have muscle definition and a relatively low bf%. Strength training makes a big difference.
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Thanks! I definitely hope to see more muscle and definition this time around. I guess I just have that 140 number in my head, but I know it may not be the same goal with this different approach.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    While in a calorie deficit you won't see much strength gains. Your goal should be muscle retention. Find a good strength program to do if you really want to retain muscle.