Beachbody Cize Videos

Options
Okay, I am not much for working out, but I love the idea of dancing. I say idea, because I have not been in shape to dance for a while and I have never had any kind of training. That being said, when I dance, it sure doesn't look much like dancing. Anyway, I was up at some ungodly hour the other night and the Beach Body advertisement came on for the cise videos. There other line of torture does not look like fun at all to me, but I thought, hmmmm I might like this. So I have had it for a few days now. And it has the calendar like all of the other workout packages that come from them. Which is all good and great and all. Have any of you tried these videos? I am in horrible shape, unless you consider the roundness that I have gotten to. I am 4'11 and 209 pounds. I can't finish the first work out. I have tried now three times. Each time getting a little further.....but I just can't seem to get to the 20 minute marker, much less the 30 minute marker. I haven't stopped trying, but I just don't see how I can master the darn thing in the 5 days that it gives me. Does this make me a horrible failure??? Grrr... I am a little discouraged....but still trucking. Anyone out there have this kind of issue?

Replies

• ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    don't give up! i would say not to pay attention to that calendar for a bit, just get into the routine of doing the video regularly, getting a bit further each time! You are doing great - trying something new, getting your body moving in a fun way!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I don't have cize but do have a lot of videos. Just keep with the modified and do as much as you can. If you need to, push pause and take a little break and keep pushing plan. Over time you will develop enough stamina to get through it.
  • wibadgerfan1478
    wibadgerfan1478 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Even the 20 minutes you're doing is awesome! Better than sitting on the couch. I just ordered them today and they will be here Friday (forgot to change to free shipping ... err). What to do you use to track your fitness since it isn't on here?
  • sallygroundhog
    sallygroundhog Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Your public library probably has dance workout videos that you can borrow. You can try them out before buying them. Or just keep exchanging them, so you don't get bored.
  • MamaBerger23
    MamaBerger23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just finished CIZE at the end of January! I had a baby girl in September and have some baby weight to lose. CIZE, while it can be really hard to nail down the coordination of the moves, is really fun. Shaun T is a great motivator as well, love him!

How have you been doing the past week? :)
  • KnittingSoo
    KnittingSoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started CIZE recently and love it. I'm 189 pounds now and when I started I found the first video a challenge and struggled to finish it. But stick with it. I got a little better each time and have now completed it in full 4 times. I've got the moves down -- well in an older woman sort of way. :smile:

Let yourself go and enjoy whatever you can do. If there are steps that you find difficult (jumping wasn't comfortable for me at first) just modify it.

Last night I did the second dance for the first time and had a blast. It is surprising how quickly your fitness grows and how much more confident you get learning the steps. (Although I struggled with the steps I got through it and I had fun!!)