Life changing! Pics.

Options
ash_bodash12
ash_bodash12 Posts: 15 Member
edited February 2016 in Success Stories
Last year I got sick and couldn't seem to get better. Severe stomach pains led to gal bladder removal surgery and about a month later in September 2015 I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure, consistent with viral dilated cardiomyopathy. It was a huge surprise considering I am only 27 years old. With help from my doctor and the medications that are helping my heart I've been able to get healthy in my life. If I wanted to be around for my family I would have to get healthy. Changing my diet was the first major step and once I was healed enough I began exercising regularly. I am now down 30 pounds and feeling great.

At times the scale can be frustrating and unreliable since the CHF causes my body to retain water at times, and I have to be careful not to push my body too far while exercising. All the initial weight came off fairly quickly and easily but it has slowed down immensely. I just have to remind myself that I'm still healing and it will come with time. nn0n9eozartj.jpeg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!