Who else finds the gym boring?

Options
1235»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I agree with the challenge comment. I tried lots of things until I found a combo I loved. I am motivated by registering for events I have to train for. Then the treadmill and the circuits are for something. Fitness or body recomposition is not enough reason but it is a great side benefit.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    You need music or something to listen to via earbuds. I like Ted talks or music or some favorite shows just depending. This takes away the boredom.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    i hate going to the gym alone. If I'm with someone else, I'll be okay, but going alone just kills me inside.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    For lifting, im usually too challenged to get bored. Cardio, ugh... I will not walk on a treadmill indoors. I love RPM classes and yoga at my gym though, those are awesome!
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    they only time i do cardio at the gym is when it is raining, or way too hot, but I love lifting, and i love the results. Lifting Iron relieves stress and hate it when i miss a day.
  • MikeSanchez2323
    MikeSanchez2323 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I really do not enjoy going to the gym because I fins it boring, but when I do go I try to mix it up with things like HIIT. Here are 2 exercises I like, one that you can do anywhere and one that you can do on the treadmill to make it less monotonous https://www.myliporidex.com/blog/quick_weight_loss_HIIT/

My girlfriend is not really a fan of the gym either but she likes a bootcamp class where they do HIIT exercises like these, and she also takes some other classes. She has that class pass thing where she can take them all different places so that she doesn't get bored and she likes it a lot.
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I workout alone and my work gym is usually pretty empty....and I love it. But I get like a kid on Christmas when it is about 30 minutes before my workout. I love working out, the challenge of it, and pushing myself. Try mixing up your routine a lot so that you're not always doing the same things every time you go in. It will help keep things fresh. Maybe that will help?
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    HAVE FUN WITH IT! Make it a competition with yourself. I used to struggle to stay for even 30-minutes, now I struggle to fit a full work out into a 2-hour session. My oh my how things can change.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    If I don't go to the gym, I get pissy.

ME TOO! I will go home and my boyfriend will be like, "*kitten*, I just wanted to cuddle but you're being mean. Go lift."
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    wildestrs wrote: »
    I don't know about y'all but I just don't like going to the gym it does not appease me and once I get there I just want to leave. I was a volleyball player and I loved doing physical activity that involved that but anything else count me out! Does anyone else feel this way?
    If you dislike it, you shouldn't go. Exercise is for fitness and health. You don't have to go to a gym to exercise or be physically active.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I agree 100%. I found the gym incredibly boring when I first started because all I did was cardio and machines. Then I got into free weights and competing and love it. That's not for everyone either. Find what blows your skirts up and do that... like volleyball :smile:
  • pjv1k
    pjv1k Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try cross fit
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE going to the gym every week. If bordom is an issue for you, try doing new things while you're there.
  • SarahR0811
    SarahR0811 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's why I chose Crossfit. I can't imagine exclusively going back to a gym with all machines, sounds horrible. But I'm passionate about Crossfit, so my recommendation is find what you love. I always enjoyed lifting but had bad instructions as to how to incorporate it into a cardio program for weight loss. Crossfit gives me the workout, I get to lift all the time, and I lose weight. It's what I needed to do
  • whit37k
    whit37k Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I really do not enjoy going to the gym because I fins it boring, but when I do go I try to mix it up with things like HIIT. Here are 2 exercises I like, one that you can do anywhere and one that you can do on the treadmill to make it less monotonous https://www.myliporidex.com/blog/quick_weight_loss_HIIT/

I am not really a fan of HIIT, but I want an exercise that will not bore me and still give me fast results. Any other suggestions?
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I enjoyed my gym, but I had very active workouts. My warm ups would be basketball. I did agility and dynamic lifts. I'd pull the sled around the gym, do wall ball squats, use the trax system, swim, zumba, kickbox, do HIIT training. The gym is what you make of it. If its boring its either the wrong gym or the wrong workout routines for you.

I miss the gym, but I workout at home now. Mostly bodyweight exercises, exercise video games and occasional workout DVDs or ones from YouTube.. I'm kicking my own butt, no gym required.
  • Wendy77685
    Wendy77685 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't care for the gym, but going there makes me stick to my workouts. I am not always disciplined enough to workout at home.
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    cardio is boring, lifting heavy weights is not

this