Suggestions for an inexpensive heart rate monitor

Options
I just completed week 1 of my P90X workout and I know that they suggest using a heart rate monitor while doing it so that you get the most out of your workout. The question is, which one should I buy? I'm interested in something that would tell me both my heart rate and the number of calories burned per workout.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi

Just bought the hubby a Polar FT4 for fathers day. £69.99 - so doesn't break the bank. Comes with a wrist watch and heart strap.

He loves it already.

Terri xx
  • randykaustin
    randykaustin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT1. Basic... Reliable.
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Ive bought the POLAR FT4 just last friday for roughly £54.00. and have used it twice since. I was relucatant to spend that much oney to be honest and was going to get a cheap one from ebay. Well ive def made the right choice, it tell me exactly what Ive burned and my heart rate and when im in the zone for burning, encouraging me to work harder.

It was a bit of a pinch handing over the money, but then i thought, this is my life and health (i have 100lb+ to lose) so really if it does the trick it was no arguement really

8049612.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • celizabet
    celizabet Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks! The women's Polar FT4 is $60 on amazon, cheaper than the ones I saw at Target and definitely within my price range. It's pretty too! :)
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    Options
    i have polar f11 or something like that. would def recommend polar works with most gym equipment where a lot of other brands dont