Incorporating Veggies

Options
2»

Replies

• curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Try cooking them in different ways. Kale chips, steamed veggies, smoothies, chop them up tiny and put it in pasta sauce or throw em in omelets.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I refuse to drink veggies. I will not mix them in a blender.. that is just nasty.

I eat 4 cups of veggies a day. I stir fry veggies almost every night, rather it be with chicken for fajita night or squash and onions sautéed in a pan, stuff peppers, sauté cauliflower broccoli and carrots, or boil carrots, make salads, or veggie casserole zucchini tomatoes and onions, steam broccoli, crockpot with potatoes/carrots/onions, celery and beef for pot roast. And the celery is great with peanut butter on it or cream cheese.

And kale is nasty and is outlawed in my house. I made a soup with it in it, and it not only looked nasty, the texture was nasty and did not do anything for tasted of the soup. The next night tried a salad and it was like over peppered tough to chew lettuce.

Get creative with your veggies and spice them up with garlic, use onions and different spices.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    To each their own Gia :) Kale chips with a little salt and garlic are delicious! Roasted veggies are great too.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Do some searching for uses for cauliflower and zucchini. Pizza crust. Chips. Mashed "potatoes." Grilled cheese. It sounds so incredible, I really can't wait for these things to be in season again.

I just made a corn and black bean "meatloaf" that honestly would have been even better with spinach, onion and peppers, but I didn't have those (woe). Broccoli and cheese is an A+ low-carb snack and you can even make it into a nugget (pulse in food processor with enough egg to hold together, roll in breadcrumbs, bake or fry.)