Hi!

Options
Hello everyone! Happy Father's Day
I'm new to MFP, so I figured I say hi and say a little about myself.
I'm 24 years old. 3rd of 5 kids ranging in age from 29 to 2 1/2.
I've always been overweight. My whole family is. I've tried losing weight before, but nothing has really given much in the way of results. I've been off the Weight-loss wagon since high school, and it's time to get back on!

I want to lose weight to gain more confidence. I keep being told how pretty I am, but I don't believe it. All I see is this 250 lb. blob when I look at myself. I HATE IT! I want to believe people when they tell me I'm pretty, but I can't when I don't like how I look.
I have a 2 1/2 year old sister and two nephews (ages 4 1/2 and 3). They are the lights of my life and I want to be around to see them all grown up. I want to be an active part of their lives.
I also recently went through a bad break-up of a 2 year relationship which shattered my self-image. Time to forget about the opposite sex and focus on making ME happy!

Starting weight - 253 (3/14/11)
Current weight - 246.8 (6/19/11)
Ultimate Goal weight - 159! (When I will be considered at a "HEALTHY" BMI)

Replies

• gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Wish you all the best! You will get there,its a long journey,but sure we all walk together!:smile:
  • kestrel76
    kestrel76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a newb also. Good luck with your goal!
  • hamm63
    hamm63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Rod and I just started this program a little over 3 weeks ago and it has really given me a reality check on what the foods I used to eat have in them. I started eating very healthy watching the sodium and calories. I have lost 17 lbs since I started! I want to wish you all the luck and success with the program! I really think it works for a change. I started at 264lbs and my goal is175lbs, so I have a ways to go! Just thought I would welcome you and introduce myself.
  • Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • BProudOfU
    BProudOfU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My name is Rhonda and I am new to MFP also. I just started a couple of days ago and have not weighed in since I started. I have tried to lose weight before but just end up on the weight roller coaster! I started this program on the advice of a friend of mine. I also just joined the gym a couple of weeks ago. Looking for more friends and support! Good luck to everyone.:tongue: